Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Oblivion and video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.

I want to write this thread in hopes it helps someone else when all else fails.

First some background as this story for me is worth it. I recently joined Silgrad Tower because I like playing Elder Scrolls and mods make TES an endless game if one chooses to do so.

After a short time I agreed to try and help out with Silgrad Towers(still skeptical of my own abilities) only I will be working away for a couple of months and it is burdensome to carry my 3 foot tower and 19" screen around. Anyway, I decided to load Oblivion as well as the CS on my Toshiba A105 laptop. I didn't expect the game to run well if it did at all. What I wanted was the CS and to be able to start modding a bit.

Well neither the game nor the CS would even load. Both defaulted to error before even loading. After a day of searching I still was not sure which was the cause, windows XP sp2 or my graphics hardware. So I kept searching and trying different ideas(thankfully I didnt screw my machine up). I must say it was very depressing to find nothing worked and the prayers upon activating the .exe went unnoticed.

Today, was different I searched my graphics stuff on intel.com and found that oblivion will not run(as well as the CS) because OB will look for hardware T&L without considering other options and said that my chipset does not handle T&L.....but that some software might while using the processors for T&L.
Well this did lift my spirits a bit. So I started searching for something that altered the way OB worked. I found a couple exes that claim something similar but those were no go. But some how I knew there was a genious out there that was in the same boat as me somewhere wanting to play some game. Well I found him or them, which ever, it doesn't really matter, he, she or they created 3D Analyzer.

I installed 3D Analyzer and when I opened it it had a huge amount of option. At the top in plain sight was a T&L option!!!! I check the box and opened CS through 3D Analyzer. I opened a couple of interiors and it seemed to worked alright. I will not know how the CS really functions until I get into some modding but just having it open is a great joy.

So if you ever have issues with OB or OB CS and its a graphics issue, try 3D Analyzer. Just google..etc search for it. Have a awsome day.