Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Request: Long velothi tileset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have a small velothi tileset, we don't have a long one, with a height which is the double of the small one. Is this possible to make this? If this takes to much time to make, you don't have to make it.
This probably won't apply to all of the pieces (namely the hall pieces), but with some of them, it looks like a duplication of the normal set with removed floors placed above the small set, would make a large piece.

I like the tileset we have at the moment (aside from some of the textures - which I feel look too shiny) but I feel the large Velothi set is crucial for tombs, and I think it should be prioritised; I find it difficult to create a 'proper' tomb without the large pieces and the large halls.
Sure thing, I'll put that near the top of my to-do-list. It should be ready within a week or two. Smile The only thing that will be hard about it is the stairs. I imagine one flight of stairs will be as timeconsuming as the rest of the tall tileset put together... and after the Redoran affair I've grown disenchanted with making tiles that can be stacked vertically. Damn, that bridge system took about fifty hours to create... I think Bethesda did the right thing from the start by only making prefabbed large/tall tiles.

Could you explain the texture problem more in-depth, Dave? I might have overlooked something.
Well when I run around in-game (and place lights in the CS), the wall textures almost look like they reflect (like a very shiny gold colour (depending on the light), as opposed to stone).

BTW: Just to rule out any confusion, I haven't downloaded any updates after number 13 yet. I will remember to download update 14+ tomorrow.
Oki, that should be straightforward for me to fix. But is it for gundalf's tileset or mine? You wouldn't happen to have a screenshot of the effect?
Having downloaded the latest assets, the problem looks like it was fixed. Smile Perhaps it was something with the normal map...

The problems were with gundalf's pieces btw.
That could very well be the case since #14 had a major overhaul of the normal maps in the root textures\ST folder. If there were normal maps with alpha channels there that shouldn't have them then that would both explain why it looked shiny to you and why the update fixed them.