Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Tour Guides
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Howdy

Just a general question to throw out, a topic came up in conversation regarding tour guides

In ES3 land, we had proposed several different ideas for the Ancient Gate and though nothing is set, one of the ideas was to have it as a Census Office and Museum

The Museum would be headed up with a tour guide who would walk through the gate halls stopping at normal intervals to give historical information on the display being viewed

So when the player entered the gate (or any museum for that matter) a NPC will ask if he/she would like to take a tour, Yes would prompt the npc to notify the player that the tour will begin shortly, soon after you(the player) will see 2 or 3 other npc's gathering near the entry a message box would indicate that the tour will begin, the player will then follow along as the tour guide walks the hall and stops in front of a display and begins explaining what it is and what role it played in the hisotry

Simple enough

Do we have use for this in ES4 Silgrad I think yes
Can we do it. Again, I think yes

Do we want to do it ??

Your comments and suggestions welcome

Enjoy
Bob
Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
Howdy

Do we want to do it ??

Your comments and suggestions welcome

Enjoy
Bob
I like the idea, so yes.
Cool

So modding it should not be very difficult then ?

Were should we propose to have a museum, Silgrad maybe, it is large enough to host a museum and would make a nice addition to the city me thinks Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob
Cool

I would say medium to difficult, it requires a few scripts.

Were should we propose to have a museum, Silgrad maybe, it is large enough to host a museum and would make a nice addition to the city me thinks Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob
I agree. Smile
Cool

Enjoy
Bob
Indeed it would. from the archives. Not that I still have any intrest, but would love to see someone pull it off.
Ah yes

The house of Oddities, if this is going to be kept for use with ES4 we might expand on it a bit it would do rather nicely

Enjoy
Bob
Yes, expanding from just animals to a much larger museum with everything you expect to find in a museum would be a good idea. Maybe even Off-limits for non members rooms for some sort of archeologist guild, who are collecting and researching stuff for the museum. Maybe even a few quests for them in the style off go to ruin X and take artefact Y
:yes:

And you bring up Archeologists Guild, we have such an Idea for a guid which is mentioned in the Dumac story, maybe this can be a merging point for both

enjoy
Bob