Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The new Bungler's Bane and Hypha Facia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For a long time we've used placeholder textures on the Bungler's Bane and Hypha Facia (which are types of Bitter Coast shelf fungus). The placeholder textures were problematic because they were tweaked version of the ones in TES3, which is an issue I plan to solve across the board for our next full release and revising the shelf fungus textures is a part of that overall solution. In some cases it can't be solved in a good way, but it'll be solved nonetheless.

But in this case I think I was able to solve it in a rather good way. They don't look exactly like the shelf fungus of the old game, but apart from that consideration I like to think they look a bit better than they did before. The door is always open for a real texture artist to recreate the old textures at some point, and if that should happen then I'd be happy to take another stab at them and at the same time turn these shelf fungus versions to a new kinds of mushroom used elsewhere in our mod. (I.e. if someone creates a great Bungler's Bane texture set I'll make a new BB mushroom that replaces these ones and then make my shelf fungus out to be, say, mushrooms you'd only find in Deepen Meadows).

So without further ado here are screenshots of the revisions. (Note that I lessened the specular intensity after these shots were taken.)

[Image: th_BunglersBane.jpg] [Image: th_HyphaFacia.jpg]

While I was playtesting them I took a few shots of the Violet Coprinus, which I revised earlier following Stilgar's texture submission, and thought some who haven't seen the new ones before might like to see the result.

[Image: th_VioletCoprinus_scr1.jpg] [Image: th_VioletCoprinus_scr2.jpg]
Awesome. I really like the 'ribbed' look of the violet coprinus. Top job to both.
These new textures are splendid! Smile
Looks cool, but you can see the edges of the model. It would look better if you could smooth, using smoothing groups.