Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: SHRAC06 "Steadhelm Region Area Claim" [Revised]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I discussed the mangrove trees with TID, you may use these for the Steadhelm area.

EDIT
Assuming the gap has been fixed.

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I think most of my usage of mangroves will take place in the northern regions of Steadhelm, should I undertake those claims as well.
That's fine.

Please keep an eye on the exterior cell face count.
TIA.
Oh yes, the gaps have been fixed by koniption and sent to RW. He'll include them in the next bsa. I'll keep my eye out for facecount problems.

One other question in the meantime: the lake that you see in the screenshot lies at the top of the Gorge. It is especially deep and it was my intention to use this as the location for a rare item only found in the deepest reaches of freshwater lakes. Can you recommend an existing flora type or barnacle or rock ore that would fit such a description? I was hoping that it might provide quest-makers with an idea for a simple search-and-grab quest early on in the Steadhelm missions.

I could either add this item now or we could put this on the back burner as a possibility for when the missions get more developed. Do you think this is a do-able mission objective within the scope of the Steadhelm missions?
It is especially deep and it was my intention to use this as the location for a rare item only found in the deepest reaches of freshwater lakes. Can you recommend an existing flora type or barnacle or rock ore that would fit such a description? I was hoping that it might provide quest-makers with an idea for a simple search-and-grab quest early on in the Steadhelm missions.

I could either add this item now or we could put this on the back burner as a possibility for when the missions get more developed. Do you think this is a do-able mission objective within the scope of the Steadhelm missions?
Perhaps a rare valuable Dwemer object.
Small side quests are always a nice addition.
Progress Report

Landscaping & Height Editing - Complete.
Terrain Texturing - Complete.
Main features (with map markers) - One Fort (Fort of the Broken Hand), One Cave (Whiplash Caverns) and One Velothi Ruin (Salacai Maru). No more features are planned as there are already plenty of locations already present in this claim. Complete.
Flora - All flora added and flying objects checked. Complete.
Enemies & Pathgridding - Automatic PG work doing now. Will correct breaks and add enemies next.
Vertex Shading - Partially amended - ready for final sweep.

P.S. Additional cells complete: 55,3-5 and 56,3-5 (from Claim 5).

Almost done. Just a case of checking the pathgridding, putting some enemies in there and checking the vertex shading. I also need to do the vertex shading on the previous claim (#7), so I'll send this at around the same time as the finished version of this claim.
Thanks for the update. Smile
I thought I'd get finished tonight but it's just not going to happen. All of the path-gridding in the swamps was badly broken up. There's just the vertex shading to go now...besides the possibility of renaming a few enemies. I assume I would need to rename the levelled enemies by adding the location into the title, as advised earlier with the clean-ups for Claim 7?

sandor - I didn't quite understand you last time you mentioned creating my "own LL lists by renaming an existing OB list and replacing the current markers." The example you gave was 'StIgSHRAC07LL1BanditMissile75'. I know that 'LL1BanditMissile75' exists in the levelled lists and that I can double-click on them to change their name but what is the 'StIg' prefix for and would I need to change this at all for different areas or some other purpose? Obviously, I'd change the SHRAC number according to the claim. Is it just a case of adding a reference editor ID then? At the moment, I have stuff like 'StIgSHRAC06LL1GoblinMelee75'. Is that right?

Hopefully, tomorrow I can finish both claims with a vertex-shading sweep.
About the leveled lists: what you need to do is to to edit the name of the vanilla list by at least adding STIG to the front of the name (ST = Silgrad Tower; IG = you). Whether you add the claim name is optional; I would not add that unless the list is specifically for that claim. At that point I'd save the new list, making sure to create a new one and not simply rename. Then I'd bring up the new list and change the items.

Probably clear as mud,
Steve
When you say 'list', do you mean that I have to add some sort of record or are you just referring to the name change in the editor ID?
.. or are you just referring to the name change in the editor ID?
That's correct.

Please use the 'StIgSHRAC' prefix, you don't have to add a claim number.
Ach, I already added a claim number. I'll assume that "don't have to" means - "We'd like you to but there's no need to wear out your fingertips adding the extra digits". Hence, I'll just do the same for both claim 6 and 7 and add the claim number anyway....?

Edit - I think this claim is complete now. Try this:- http://files.filefront.com/SHRAC06+Final...einfo.html .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5