Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: SHRAC07 "Steadhelm Region Area Claim" [Revised]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Review
  • Delete at least half of the StFloraBiCoLuminousRussola03 and replace these with the types 04/05/06/08 (use the search and replace function).

• Add many more StFloraBiCoSloughFern01 flora near the ruins and caves.

• Please create your own LL lists by just renaming an existing OB list and replace the current markers.
    For example StIgSHRAC07LL1BanditMissile75. This allows us to change the stats during the beta testing phase.

• Update the 'Marker data' tab for your map markers.

• You could use 'LandscapeWaterfallFoam01' activators for your waterfalls.

• Readjust the tomb entrance or use a smaller rock (screenhot == 'S').

• Readjust the logs (S).

• Fix the waterfall (S).

• Reposition the tapestry, put the nail into the wood (S).

• The sacks near the entrance of the 'Pali' cave are floating.

• Reposition the rock (S).

• Adjust the Pathgrid (PG) near your locations so that the PG leads the NPC's, creatures to the entrances of the tombs etc.(S). For the Fort ruin make sure there's a PG leading from the lower area to the ruin itself (S).
    Also add a PG to the first and second floor, many players use companions.

Adjust the vertex shading.

Vertex shading has to be used near buildings, trees, tomb entrances, along side a path/road, near larger rocks/rock formations. The region editor sometimes shades a whole cell this has to be fixed as well (by applying a white vertex color).

I fixed this for SHRAC08.

Download the screenshots -=here=-.

I playtested the whole area and it looks great!! :goodjob:
Well done. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by sandor
Please create your own LL lists by just renaming an existing OB list and replace the current markers.
For example StIgSHRAC07LL1BanditMissile75. This allows us to change the stats during the beta testing phase.

:eek:...I think I need this translating into 'idiot terms'...

Quote:Update the 'Marker data' tab for your map markers.

What should I update it to? It doesn't seem to like me changing it by adding the first two words in, for example, 'SteadhelmRegionMorningStarBastion'

Quote:You could use 'LandscapeWaterfallFoam01' activators for your waterfalls.

:eek: I have, haven't I? I added one more to the waterfall just above Angel's Tear Cave, anyway.

Quote:
  • Readjust the tomb entrance or use a smaller rock (screenhot == 'S').

• Readjust the logs (S).

• Fix the waterfall (S).

• Reposition the tapestry, put the nail into the wood (S).

• The sacks near the entrance of the 'Pali' cave are floating.

• Reposition the rock (S).

• Adjust the Pathgrid (PG) near your locations so that the PG leads the NPC's, creatures to the entrances of the tombs etc.(S). For the Fort ruin make sure there's a PG leading from the lower area to the ruin itself (S).
    Also add a PG to the first and second floor, many players use companions.

• Delete at least half of the StFloraBiCoLuminousRussola03 and replace these with the types 04/05/06/08 (use the search and replace function).

• Add many more StFloraBiCoSloughFern01 flora near the ruins and caves.

Now done, along with adding the Azura's Hands, as suggested by RW. Actually, I didn't find any LuminousRussola at all.

Quote:Adjust the vertex shading.

I've already done the shading near the locations. I didn't find anything else that needed doing. I really struggle to get a handle on vertex shading and seeing what needs doing but I thought this was finished...?

Quote:Well done. Smile

Thanks! =)
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I think I need this translating into 'idiot terms'...
Double click on the M marker (S) and rename it.
Then replace the original marker with the renamed version.

What should I update it to?
Look at the screenshot.

I have, haven't I?
Yes.
I meant that you could add more of these because it looks better.

Actually, I didn't find any LuminousRussola at all.
Noted.

I've already done the shading near the locations.
Please use a lighter color e.g. grey (128, 128, 128).

I didn't find anything else that needed doing.
Download the screenshots -=here=-.
The screenshot 'Remove shading RE' shows a cell that has been completely shaded by the region editor. This has to be fixed by applying a white vertex color. Vertex shading has to be used near buildings, trees, tomb entrances, along side a path/road, near larger rocks/rock formations. Just recheck every cell.

You'll see many spots without vertex shading or cells that are completely shaded.
Well, I'm definitely not keen on doing more cell-by-cell work (very, very tedious!) but I guess it's not as bad as placing objects in such a fashion. However, I take your points with the overhang shading and the lighter shades. It's just the 'Remove Shading RE' that puzzles me. I really can't see where the shading has been placed. It looks quite normal to me.

That's why I'm wondering if it's my colourblindness. With greens and browns, I don't distinguish the difference in the colour, just the shade. But with different textures, it just confuses my visual perception.

I'll have a go with the lists as well. I should be able to follow things using that format.

With the map maker data, did I give it the 'SteadhelmRegion' prefix before? So I would just give the plain name of the location and nothing else? Are spaces needed between the words...i.e. Angels Tear Cave or AngelsTearCave?
So I would just give the plain name of the location and nothing else? Are spaces needed between the words...i.e. Angels Tear Cave.
Yes.
The text defined in the 'marker data' tab will be displayed on the in-game map including the correct icon. In this case a cave. The ref. editor ID isn't required either.

For the RE shading I attached three screenshots.
From the left to the right, before, all of the vertex shading has been removed and the final cell (fixed).
Gotcha. I'll attend to this in due course by using the 'SHRAC07 - Corrected' file as I thought of a couple of other things I might do to improve things. One thing I already did was add walkways up to rooms in the 'Morning Star Bastion'. Where before you had to jump up to get in there, now an NPC could happily stroll around up there. This is ideal for when we get Guards in there which is something I was hoping we would see whenever the location is used. Smile
Okay, that should be it. All the above is done, now including enemy lists and vertex shading. Get the correction .esp here: http://files.filefront.com/SHRAC07+Corre...einfo.html .
In the past we thought it was a good idea to add a few vanilla forts to the Steadhelm region. After a long and thorough Core discussion we decided to change that. The claim descriptions have been updated accordingly.

In total you worked/are working on four claims.
Three of these forts will be moved to the border with Cyrodiil including the related interior claims.

You may choose which fort you want to keep.

Please remove/replace the vanilla content as per the decision of the Core.

Continue with the esp you sent/posted.
I'm not clear on what you're asking me to do here. Are you saying that I can't add any more Forts for future claims? Or that I have to remove some Forts? I currently have one Fort per claim (Claims 5, 6, 7 & 8). If I have to remove some, then how many out of these four?
Are you saying that I can't add any more Forts for future claims? Or that I have to remove some Forts? I currently have one Fort per claim (Claims 5, 6, 7 & 8). If I have to remove some, then how many out of these four?
The open claims are under revision, no more forts.

Just tell me which fort you like the best, the other three will be moved.
I'll move the forts to the border with Cyrodiil when I am done with the region generation of the designated area.

For SHRAC06.
Vanilla stuff not related to the Gorge has to be deleted.
Pages: 1 2 3 4