Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: pause topics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if there was a way to pause a topic long enough for someone to be able to read it.

Some read slower than others and having to lines in a response can make it nearly impossible for some to digest what was said.

Thanks.
Once the dialogue is voiceworked it will stay on the screen longer. But in the meantime I believe one can make silent wavs with TES4 Gecko that allow the text to stay printed longer in the same way as voice work does. I haven't experimented with that myself since if I need to I can record temporary voice work.
As a stopgap, silence files work. Here is the master that TES4Gecko uses; to use it manually, it has to be renamed to the name you see after double-clicking the dialogue response (something in the pattern of StGenericSubKhajiit_ADMIREDISLIKE_001A93F1_1.mp3) and put in the proper dirextory (Data\sound\voice\<ESP name>\<race>\<gender>), bearing in mind that:
  • All elves are in High Elf
  • Betmer are in Argonian
  • Nords and Orcs share Nord
  • Breton women are under Imperial

Tedious as heck I know,
Steve
For the public releases we add blank audio files so that the player has enough time to read the infos. Hopefully most of the dialogue has been recorded by the time we release ST v3.0, SACarrow and his VA team are doing a great job and we're making good progress. Smile

For playtesting just hit the "Esc" button and you'll have enough time to read the info in question.
Thank you for the replies. I was concerned that players would have issues but it sounds like that will be taken care of.