Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Secret entrance to Rimmen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
To start off again with the CS, I am making a secret cave entrance to Rimmen. It will have an entrance off to the side (And some edited land around it to make it a little more detailed), as well as an interior.

Here is a screen of the entrance. I figured to make it grassy since the town is.

[Image: rimmensecretentrencenn2.th.jpg]

I'll do the interior soon. It probably won't be anything special for a bit due to getting used to using the CS, and how bad at the cave tile set I remember being. Once I flesh it out and make it a better interior. If you guys don't like this, or even the idea in general, I could make the secret entrance something else.
I'm not sure how I feel about it, but its a fine idea, and I see no reason not to use it. Perhaps it could be a remenant of the catacombs of a priory that used to lie on the outskirts of Old Rimmen, and the Rimmen Nobility had a passage constructed to get out of the city, but it in fact ended up leading INTO the new city once it was constructed. Just an idea.

Would only work if it were on the east side of the city.
I'll move it to the east side. I'll see if I can come up with a way to improve how it looks. I never did much landscaping, although I don't think it's that bad.

I like that catacombs idea. I'll check out the city some more since I haven't gone ingame yet. Which section is Old Rimmen?

What tileset would work for the catacombs?
We haven't yet placed it, but its the burned out Akaviri city that is to lie to the east, hence the need for it to be on the east side.

Actually... we should get on that project, perhaps I'll do a little work on it this weekend, though I'm a bit busy at the moment.
Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
We haven't yet placed it, but its the burned out Akaviri city that is to lie to the east, hence the need for it to be on the east side.

Actually... we should get on that project, perhaps I'll do a little work on it this weekend, though I'm a bit busy at the moment.
Maybe the catacombs could be a long passageway that links between the outside of Rimmen, the inside of Rimmen, and the burned out city?
Sounds like a decent idea.
If you really wanted to be evil there might be a second older secret passage from the burned out city built by 'who knows who' that goes to 'who knows where'?

Suggest if you have a strong location in the burned out city that you just create the second entry and leave it like that for the moment? As a future inspiration. Call it the Ghost Door as it does not seem to go anywhere (yet)
I'm not sure I follow.
Here is the new location. It is also more hidden than the previous one. Do you guys like this one? Right now, I'll just make the cave interior. In the cave, there will be a door that leads to catacombs. When the catacombs tileset comes out most of this passageway, including the section to and from the outskirts of Rimmen to old rimmen, and of course the dungeon style area that leads to the ruined town.

[Image: se2da5.jpg]

If you guys like this, can I add some grassyness, and trees to the area of it? Just to pretty up the area? Or will this be in another project. I assume the area around rimmen is grassy since the town is.

The door to the ruin in the rimmen secret entrance would be locked, so you'd have to go through the dungeon first, and get the key and unlock it, which would allow you to use the dungeon as a convenient passage.
yeah pretty up the area. use the dry grass from around anvil and maybe a few patches of green, a few palms = great
Pages: 1 2 3