Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Scc0348 [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: S0348.jpg]

[blockquote]
District: Riverside.
Cell name: SilgradCity0348.
Claim Difficulty: Easy.
NPC's: 2 or more.
Race: Dunmer, Hlaalu.
Class: Poor-Middle.
General info: Check -=this link=-.[/blockquote]

You'll find the exterior and interior building (screenshot) in the cell SilgradCity0348. Use the Silgrad_Tower.esm v2.993 or a higher version.

The NPC('s) must have (full) dialogue and AI, don't forget the pathgrid.
Full AI: Eat, sleep, one drink and/or read package.

I'll set the rotation for the Northmarker and connect the interior to the exterior.

Add a few windows to the interior and to the exterior building as well (matching with the interior).

For reasons of playtesting it's often handy to add a X marker (heading).
When you use the console (~), type coc "XX", replace the "XX" with your cell name.

Background.

The Thirsty Gibbet is a very small Inn, the room for rent is on the top floor.
The owner lives in SCC0349 together with his servant.

Poor-middle: Mostly poor furniture with some redware objects.
You can't use rich objects.

Use the existing cell (SilgradCity0348) and don't delete the exterior building.
I think I'll do this one Smile. I've never made an inn before, so this one should be quite interesting. Looking at the layout, I think I can fit a rather primitive bar on the lower level, with some creativity. There also seems to be room for a table in one of the corners, too.

My only concern is the dependency on claim SCC0349. The NPCs necessary for this claim (the innkeeper and his servant) are both in SCC0349, a partially finished claim. In order to call this inn 100% complete, I will need to mess with those NPCs and their dialogue, which would ultimately conflict with the SCC0349 claim and may cause confusion if someone else were to claim it in the future. Would you like me to finish up SCC0349 as well?

Thankfully, it looks like the Riverside pathgrid has been placed, so I should be able to get these NPCs going to and from the inn when desired Big Grin.
I think it would be fine to deal with scc0349 as you see fit. Imo, An unfinished claim is subject to the "finishers" discretion for the most part. I have created a pathgrid for most areas including the area you spoke of. If you need to add to the grid that is also ok. If you alter the existing pathgrid in any significant way, please state that in your claim. Otherwise it may be some how corrected or changed if it is not known why it is there.

Charles
Update:

Interior making for SCC0348 is now complete. I've not had much else to do while waiting for my copy of Dragon Age 2: Signature Edition to arrive, so I've been spending my day time hours modding Smile.

Now I'm working on completing and fixing SCC0349. The original maker of this interior did some good work, but I'm going to need to add more detail. Along with that, some things are going to need to be removed for the sake of that detailing process.

Also... I'm really not sure what all he did to these NPCs, and I'm afraid of causing Gecko conflicts as well as other problems if I try to edit them as is. Therefore, I will probably just make new NPCs for this claim. I think it would be a lot "cleaner" that way.
Thanks for the update.

Quote:Originally posted by Sniper4

Also... I'm really not sure what all he did to these NPCs, and I'm afraid of causing Gecko conflicts as well as other problems if I try to edit them as is. Therefore, I will probably just make new NPCs for this claim. I think it would be a lot "cleaner" that way.
It's okay to alter existing NPC's.

Otherwise I have to delete the NPC's from the original claim.
Since it's safe to edit them, I'll just stick with the pre-existing NPC's Smile.

What are the things that aren't safe to edit, in terms of Gecko? I know I can't use/edit existing dialogue topics. Anything else?
Quote:Originally posted by Sniper4
Since it's safe to edit them, I'll just stick with the pre-existing NPC's Smile.

What are the things that aren't safe to edit, in terms of Gecko? I know I can't use/edit existing dialogue topics. Anything else?
With TES4Edit, a HEX editor and the Gecko I can fix almost anything.

Altering existing ST (MI 01) dialogue isn't a problem.
Deleting existing dialogue is a problem, TES4Gecko can't handle that very well, it's related to the PNAM (previous info) record.

Steve (SACarrow) fixed most of these problems except for the one mentioned above.
That is good to know, thank you Smile.

I think I've finally come up with a quest idea for this claim.

When the player speaks to Nelvan Sarayn, the servant, he will tell the player that Tedave Berend, the innkeeper, accidentally took his ring. He claims he has spoken to Tedave about it, but Tedave refuses to believe that he would accidentally do something like that and will not look for it in his house. Nelvan asks the player to sneak into Tedave's room and find the ring. If the player accepts, Nelvan gives him the key to the room. Upon the player's success, he will be rewarded with an amount of gold worth 1/4 the value of the ring. It will most likely be a silver ring with a weak enchantment on it.

The player will have the option to speak to Tedave about this ring, and Tedave will tell the player that the ring is in fact his. Obviously, Nelvan was trying to trick the player into stealing it Wink. Tedave says he will speak to Nelvan about this trickery, and rewards the player with an amount of gold worth 1/8 the value of the ring. Nelvan will refuse to speak with the player afterward.

edit: CRAP! I just realized a big flaw in this quest: Nelvan has to clean Tedave's quarters anyway, so he'd always have access to the ring. Change of plans: the ring is to be kept in a chest that Nelvan can't open. He knows that "his" ring must be in this chest, since he has searched everywhere else. He advises the player to either steal Tedave's key to open the chest or pick the lock himself. That... should fix the story Tongue.
It's done now Smile. I have finished both SCC0348 and SCC0349, along with the quest I mentioned above. Just some things to note:

-Added windows to exterior of SCC0349 at SilgradCityRiversideNW cell Wilderness -8,-20

-Added a window to the exterior of SCC0349 at SilgradCityRiversideSE cell Wilderness -3,-21. The other window was already present.

-The changed/deleted object references you see in SCC0349 are a result of my fixing/redecorating of the interior. The original modder definitely had some experience, but unfortunately, he made the servant's quarters look richer (in terms of number of furnishings) than those of the innkeeper. To fix this, I rearranged the furniture in the innkeeper's quarters to include a full dinning area, desk, a dresser, and shelving. Previously, it just had a desk, a bench, and some cushions. I also fixed a few things and added detail to the servant's quarters.

-I set the SCC0349 doors to belong to Nelvan (the servant) and the doors for SCC0348 to belong to Tadave (the innkeeper). That way, Nelvan can lock/ unlock the house doors without interfering with the doors at the inn.

-Tadave (the innkeeper) works at the inn at night (6PM to 8AM), and he serves food, drink, and rents out the room. Nelvan works the day shift, but only serves booze and drinks. He does not rent out rooms, since I felt this job was more appropriate for the innkeeper only.

I ran into another problem with the Riverside SE to NW trigger zone:

-When I approach the trigger zone, I only see a "missing" yellow diamond shape. NPCs seem to be able to pass through it into the next cell, but my character can't.

-My NPCs keep getting stuck on a wall, while trying to get to the trigger zone. I checked the pathgrids to see if I could fix this problem, but the pathgrids themselves seem fine. I can't imagine what could be causing my NPCs to walk into the wall like that. Sad

The following JPG illustrates both problems:
[Image: ScreenShot0-1-1.jpg]

I hope you enjoy the interior and quest Smile.
Since I am back I decided to start reviewing this claim. Smile

@Sniper4
Just out of curiosty could you attach an image of your home town.
I visited the States many times (for my work) but never Illinois.

My home town.
I live in the French part of Belgium.
Pages: 1 2