Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Espionage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Was just thinking, what about adding some quests for different factions during the Great House War for espionage?

Most likely the Imperials would sponsor it, as they do not want to get involved but want to keep an eye on things. And Helseth will have his spies everywhere.

However intelligence gathering would be crucial in this war. Think of the Nords, especially from Skyrim, they would need maps, enemy locations, objectives etc. And the mages of the Telvanni would be desperate for any kind of advantage that would displace their numerical inferiority. Redoran would probably refrain from it as being 'dishonourable', and the Hlaalu would use Imperial services (and possibly the Cammona Tong.

I think it would add a unique feature, with discreet infiltration of fortresses, sabotage of defenses, stealing of plans, divertion of supplies..... assasination =)

Of course this could also add even more complications to an already choc a bloc MQ. So maybe the espionage could be limited to the pre-war situation, and then the player gets to fight. I don't think it should be compulsory though, as some players wouldn't care for sneaking around. Similarly, it should be 'illegal' so if you just go in firespells blaring and sword slashing, then you would get bounty and infamy, and go to jail.

Just a quick idea I had, probably not much sense. What do you think? :yes:
Yeah and at then end of the quest line relating espionage you discover that every one has become mixed up and hardly any one is in there own fraction that would be one hell of a laugh :lmao:
There I was sitting in my favorite Foreign Quarter tavern when a big Dunmer came in wearing nothing but a pair of furry underpants! Funniest sight I ever saw. Maybe he had been smoking skooma and thought he was a Nord?

He walks up to me where I am enjoying my quiet drink and says: "Excuse me, but I am looking for a witch, she has stolen all my clothes and my favorite and very powerful Warhammer - that was handed down in the family for generations ... have you seen the witch, her name is Sophie Botamoureur?"

So I ask him his name. He responds: "I am Arnulf Magnutssonn the famous Warrior Astronomer Nord!

"Well blow me down I says," and dodges just in case, as you can never be too sure with these Nord Warrior Astronomers ... yup, he was a Nord alright - he told me so. who else but a Nord would be wearing nothing but a pair of furry underpants looking for a witch called Sophie Botamoureur, who has stolen all his clothes and his favorite and very powerful Warhammer - that was handed down in the family for generations ... ? I guess I was mistaken about his colouring (a bit gloomy in here) and I can't see his ears for all that long blond hair. Must remember to ask him who his wigmaker is.

So I jump up, surreptitiously adjusting my own wig and furry underpants and hurriedly puffing out my chest a few more inches to give that butch effect that drives all the Bosmer women into fits of burning passion I introduce myself: Deepening my voice by about 3 octaves I respond: "Greetings fellow Nord, I am Forslung Hofnung the famous Nord Warrior, I am looking for the witch Marie Desputains who has cast a spell upon me and stolen all my clothes and my incredibly powerful magic leg-warmers that contain a heal 100 HP per second, permalev Lev 400 with summon King Hofnung the Ancient Sorcerer King enchantment!

I look up with shining conviction (surreptitiously crossing my fingers and praying that he has bought it!) and find that I can just about see the red glow of his eyes past the bulge of his chest if I crick my neck back 90 degrees.

"My long lost cousin!" he and the 30 other Nords in the Tavern all exclaim! Well, I can't tell you how relieved I am that my disguise is working so well! Pretty soon I am learning all about the doings at the Nord Consulate in Ebonheart from a Nord with the most spectacularly fluffy and bewitching white tail ... and working very hard to keep myself from salivating too much.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Awesome Big Grin
SO all those naked Nords ARE spy's

I kNEW IT !!!

Enjoy
Diet Bob
:lmao: great simply great
:lmao: :lmao:

but i wonder if my idea is too bizzare for any serious replies? Tongue
Quote:Originally posted by Coinneach
:lmao: :lmao:

but I wonder if my idea is too bizzare for any serious replies? Tongue

Maybe bizzare would be the wrong way to put it

Quite frankly I have no idea what you were talking about other than the title

Quote from you: Just a quick idea I had, probably not much sense.

:yes:

But for that matter Raggidman's Story of the "Naked Nord Theory" is rather interesting

Serious reply

Step one: start over

Why would the imperials sponser such actions ?

Why would their be a war amongst the great houses of morrowind

If I remember well enough, in theory they are united again under the banner of the nerevarine (House Indoril) and I say Indoril because that is Nerevar's House

Thats if you follow morrowind lore ( I do not believe it was portrayed correctly) but thats my opinion

Battles Yes

I think their will be some battles, its enevitable some members of the different houses might not like the change, the council though has the vote and in morrowind they all supported the nerevarine, some did it out of fear, some did it out of respect for other council members and some just did it,.... the ones that did not were killed

Now what ?

Enjoy
Bob
How about have the story revolve around the revolt of Morrowind against the Empire?
Pages: 1 2 3