Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Sand Armor(partial concept)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, well I know I should be working on the undead khajiit, but, an idea for a possible armor came to my mind, and I just felt the need to draw the armor.
Heres the concept of the armor...
Sand(blasted?) Armor: The creation of Sand armor is a thourough proccess. The base of the armor is, well...sand, hence the name. The sand from the deserts is placed in molds of the pieces of that armor and then heated at extremely high temperatures to melt the sand into one whole piece of the armor. Then the armor is inscribed with magical runes that give the armor durability and hardness....thats all I got right now, but perhaps that crafter fro the armor could be in senchal or some other larger town/city, and craft the armor for you if you bring him the appropriate materials. The Texture of the armor would be a grainy look and for color jsut a (black,white,or yellow) sand. Runes possibly glowing?
Concept(partial, chestplate, pauldrons, and upper arm)
PS: I apologize about the sides and top being partially cut off, the paper was larger than my scanner X(.
:lmao: ummm sand = silicon = glass?

Looks segmented as in overlapping plates which is interesting :yes: Armour in Morrowind was just one-piece moulds for each section.

poor pussy - lost eyeball?

You just re-invented Armored Glass! The Khajiit will be forever grateful, and name the special manner of forging the Coldwind Process! And this armor will be far superior to the narsty glass made by the filthy Dunmer Slavers Big Grin
...Well, I feel like a complete idiot....
I totally forgot about sand going to glass..sorry..*crawls into corner completely humiliated*
Well scratch this idea, I better get back to work on my other concepts..
Sand or not Coldwind, it still looks like some interesting armor. Don't give up on the idea just because the material changes, is what I always say. Tongue
Actually, this set of armor could be more of a clear glass, instead of its green glass counterpart. Also, the glass in morrow and obliv is crafted from raw glass so that would differenciate this armor from those armors. It also has pretty glowing runes Big Grin.
remember the green glass armour is made from naturally formed glass, like obsidian, but green. this sand-glass can be manipulated much more easily, come in a variety of colours shapes pattterns etc. perhaps a metal powder could be mixed in to give it more strength, so long as we keep it from the snot green of mined-glass armour it should work.

Edit: what he said ^ Big Grin
Yeah, that sounds great, perhaps just sticking with a translucent white color, with the runes havign a blue glow to them. Oh, and I forgot to bring up the spinelike shape in the center of the chest, that would be sticking out and slanting inwards on the outside edges. I will try to find some time to get a full suit drawn out.
:eek: - you were just kidding about nerfing the armour weren't you? :O
Yeah, don't worry I will try to get a concept of it sometime soon.
Besides, everything you do is important - unless we are nearing a release date and need to get specific stuff ready for a release!

Quality comes from intensity of interest and inspiration so concept on! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2