Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Khopesh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Some of you might remember this old model, while browsing through the construction set I saw it was still untextured, so I thought I'd try my hand at it. I'm starting with the blade, working with a photograph of a sword I own. I realize at the end the lines look a bit warped, I'll be trying to fix that as soon as I get the rest of the blade finished. I'm thinking of using leather wrappings for the handle?

Any tips, suggestions, ideas are welcome Smile.

[Image: khopesh.jpg]
And out of the blue walks figure not seen in the desert for aeons....

Captain its good to have you back buddy. The Khopesh blade looks great. excellent work. it would be good if was rigged to the long blade mesh, and the model itself upsized to fit, so it looks more like a real Khopesh that could hurt, than a miniaturised dagger. But i digress....

Keep up the good work buddy
Leather wrappings would look great. I like the metal, perhaps we can also get a sandy variant, and perhaps a rusted, blooded bandit variant.

Good to have you back :goodjob:
[Image: khopesh-2.jpg]

Little update, the rest of the blade is finished. I've just got a square on the back, and then it's onto the hilt.
:eek: Just keep that vicious looking thing away from my hurty bits!
Looking good, can't wait to see the handle.
Arrgh, the leather wrap is much harder than I anticipated. I was thinking of making one piece of leather stitched together at the back, is that alright?
Of course its alright, whatever you can do!

Leather wrap would look kick ass though.

Edit:

Would any stock textures be helpful?
I'm not that worried about the texture although it would help, however it's very difficult to get it all aligned due to the texture map

[Image: texturemap.jpg](The Red is the back, blue is the front, orange and light blue are the sides)
The curved edges make it difficult, unless I'm just being a noob and they actually make it easier. Got any tips? Smile
I don't know if they exist, but might there be a program that stretches rectangular images to fit a shape like that one?

I fail at UV. Hard.
Pages: 1 2 3 4