Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Issue With Collision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm having a problem getting collision to work for a static.

I've been following the tutorial posted on TESCS Wiki, and up until now it's worked fine.

Here's my problem:

I've made the collision model, set it up through NifSkope and it works fine (I see the red wireframe). However when I save the file, and test it in the CS, it's turned tiny. I thought that this problem would be resolved by editing the nif in NifSkope, and changing its scale properties. The model was scaled up to 20 and it now looks fine, but when I place it in the CS, the collision model seems to have stayed the same tiny shape, whereas the hipoly mesh scaled up like it should have.

It's been hard enough getting collision set up, and now that I finally get it working in NifSkope, I'm getting problems in-game! Sad It's really frustrating.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers,
Dave
A couple of Qs:

- The wireframe did appear to be correct in NifSkope? Normally if it's good there, it's good in CS and in game.
- One exception: collision don't scale. Sad To change that, you'll actually have to change the defining parameters of the collision shape itself.

Feel free to post the NIF,
Steve
The red wireframe looks and fits fine.

The model also rotates itself along the X-axis (at least I think it's X), and the pivot moves from centre.

Thanks for your interest, Steve (appreciate it).

I'll attach the nif.
I'm still stuck with this... Sad Someone on TESForums said collision should be scaled separately, but I can't figure out how to scale collision as well as the model.

Is collision/NifSkope always this awkward or am I just doing something wrong?

BTW - I have several NiTriShapes for one model (I think they're separated by texture usage). Should there only be one NiTriShape for the object? If so, how do I combine them into one TriShape? I tried clearing object history and joining in Maya before exporting, but it doesn't work.
Nevermind the problem has now been solved. Collision is working fine. Smile
Feel free to enlighten the class, in case this pops up for someone else. Big Grin

Steve
Oh yeah sorry. Tongue

It was because I forgot to reset (freeze) transforms when I exported to nif, so when I was rotating and scaling the mesh (so they were the proper scale and rotation in-game), NifSkope was resetting the scale and rotation (the reason why the models appeared small in-game) because I didn't freeze transforms on the object.

A bit of a silly mistake on my behalf, really.

Here's the reply I got from Phitt:

Quote:Do you apply transforms before export? I don't use Maya, but in 3ds max it's called 'reset x-form'. Could be that this is your problem.