Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: (Resource) Night and daylight script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This script, if applied to a light source(not the lamp itself but the light) will make lights either turn on only in the day or night, your choosing. here you go!

Begin Daylightscript

if gamehour <= 18
if gamehour > 7
enable
else
disable
endif
else
disable
endif

end

---------------------------------------------------------------------

begin NighlightScript

if gamehour <= 18
if gamehour > 7
disable
else
enable
endif
else
enable
endif

end
Thanks Dephenistrator for this useful script

It is intended to be used in Karthor Dale and Veranis Hall so that street lamps will be off in the day and on in the evenings

An important not to clarify this script

add a new light to your mod, the lamp or candle should be (NO FLAME)
add a new light (marker) combine the two when you place them
add this script to the light MARKER ONLY

Thanks Much

Enjoy
Bob
I'll always help or do requests, I like doing this kinda thing, so enjoy!

:wave:
:jump::jump:
:wave:

... it's a DNA helix in motion, look again you might see it.
That is pretty cool looking

NOW thanks for the help but ou might bite off ore than you bargend for offering to hep anytime

See we here in ES3 land are like hungry dogs, when we get the scent of someone offering to come and help we eat it up, only because its so rare
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

j/king of course

thanks Much

Enjoy
Bob
Dephenistrator: Did you mention a mod with growing plants somewhere? I know Bob was interestes in that for TES3.

And a thought, possibly applicable for both TES3 & TES4: Can there be a script that not only turns on a light at night, but also when the weather is foggy or rainy? Could be handy for lighthouses. Smile

Thanks,
Steve
Big Grin

:yes:

to growing plants

:yes:

to fog and rain

Enjoy
Bob Zero
As far as on/off for weather, that should be as easy as before if morrowind script can ask what the current weather is(I'd have to check.) and as far as growing plants, I barely got that to work in Oblivion(occasionaly freezes the game). I used marker scripts and other effects I know aren't in Morrowind(At least in the manner I used them), and I have absolutely no idea if it would work in Morrowind. Maybe the actual hight growth would but theres no way I could make it spawn offspring like on Oblivion, Morrowind would probably crash even if I could.
What I had thought would work for growing plants in morrowind is if we had the script check for X,Y, & Z axis with each growth spurt (increase in scale) .5, .6,.7,. 8,. 9, & 1.0 Confusedhrug: I don't know

My idea was that the player noit actually see the growth, that it would occur of the course of several game weeks

The more I thought of it the more I realised own massive the script would probably need to be

But if it can be done I'm all for it

Enjoy
Diet Dr. Bob
You ran across some of the same things I started when I did mine for oblivion. here take a look:

scn 1GrowAlkanet

short age
short currentday
short Birthday
short Growing
short random
Short RandomX
Short RandomY
short DOonce
ref me
ref littleme
ref littleguy
ref Xpos
ref Ypos
ref Zpos
short type

begin gamemode

;SETTING THE CLOCK

set me to getself

if DOonce < 10
set currentday to gamedayspassed
set growing to 0
set DOonce to 11
endif

;THE CLOCKWORK

if currentday < gamedayspassed
if DOonce <= 20
set growing to 1
endif
set currentday to gamedayspassed
endif

; ALL THE STUFF THAT HAPPENS

if growing == 1

;AGING
set age to age + 1
set growing to 0

;GROWING
set random to getrandompercent
if random <= 30
me.modscale .05
endif
if random > 30 && random <80
me.modscale .1
endif
if random >= 80
me.modscale .2
endif

;PLANTING

if random <= 20
growth.moveto me

set randomY to getrandompercent

if randomy <= 20
set randomy to 20
endif

if random >= 50
set randomy to randomy - (randomy * 2)
endif

set randomX to getrandompercent

if randomx <= 20
set randomx to 20
endif

if random >= 50
set randomx to randomx - (randomx * 2)
endif

set xpos to randomx + me.getpos x
set ypos to randomy + me.getpos y
set zpos to me.getpos z
growth.setpos x xpos
growth.setpos y ypos
growth.setpos z zpos

set littleguy to growth.placeatme abhuki 1
littleguy.setscale .1
littleguy.moveto growth
set zpos to littleguy.getpos z
set zpos to zpos - 15
growth.setpos z zpos
littleguy.disable

set littleme to growth.placeatme Alkanet 1

littleme.setscale .5

endif

;DYING

if random > 60 && me.getscale >= 1.5
set me to getself
set DOonce to 30
me.disable
endif

if random > 25 && me.getscale >= 2
set me to getself
set doonce to 30
me.disable
endif

endif

this is the rudimentary script I used in Oblivion, depending on how much of this is convertable would truly tell if it's possible. I can send you a copy of the Oblivion mod if you wanna see it in action...

Though there are some downsides. If theres a bunch a plants, you can sometimes see them grow one at a time, which is probably lag. Second downside, crashing, probably from the lag.

I need to make this a seperate on call, kinda check rather than an active script right on the plant, maybe a quest script.... that might work but they don't have those in Morrowind. Back then I used to tag scripts onto the player, though that is limited to only one at a time.

P.S. Little story on the script. I was wondering if growing plants was possible in Oblivion then went to bed. I awoke that morning hit with the apiphomy on how to coordinate it, it was like a beam of light came down from the sky with all the answers. (Then I noticed it was the unfamilure glare of the sun and I started burning as I shut the blinds.) Then I spent two days on it and got it to work at a satisfactory level. Except it ticked me off one too many times and I disabled it myself for when I play. LOL!
:eek:

I see what ya mean

It wouldn't do any good to have the mod, my PC can't handle OB

Enjoy
Bob
Pages: 1 2