Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Current team goals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see the need for system of organizing our team efforts towards concrete goals and landmarks, so I've created a team checklist of sorts, subject to change.

We work on the border lands, and we get some new exciting things going for new moders: Then we hit ESF with-----

Short term goals:

[] Settlements and cities along the Xylo with screenshots.

[] Foliage and full landscape at least 16 cells along the Xylo.

[] At least 8 desert screenshots in game showing something unique in each one.

[] New shots with NPCs placed, even if just for decoration, of each of the primary 3 cities. I will take up mayorship of Dune for this purpose, at least temporarily.

[] Links to 3 of our best pieces of literature.

[] 2 Oasis screen shots, very full, very detailed.

[] Screen shots of a populated bandit camp, at least one featuring dialogue on screen with a bandit.

[] Screens of people in the dining area JK has created in orcrest, using entirely our new retexted clothing set.

[] Screens of our new settlement, but to cast a mysterious light, perhaps include captions related to TCTW.

[] Some in game screens of the Desert Imperial Legion piece made for us long ago, with the soldiers wielding that amazing kopesh.

[] Screens of a lucious coast to the south

[] Shots of a bravil khajiit settlement on Topal island.

We are going for sensory overload here, all of this is doable if we get down to the work, and do so diligantly. We will begin in earnest as soon as JK completes the next release, though some of it can begin now.

However, this is obviously not all we need to work on, so I also am including some general goals that will be our priorities and the prerequisits for the ESF thread following the next one. I inted to use these threads as landmarks and ways of measuring progress.

[] Models of JK's vegitation.

[] Furniture modeled, at least one complete LC set, and MC set for both Anequina and Peletine regions.

[Ja-Kha'jay] Orcrest exterior completed (JKJ: still chipping away at it)

[] Dune exterior completed

[] Rimmen MC and UC interiors completed

[] Desert Settlement 27 87, aka the riding khajiit settlement's interiors completed

[] 10 completely integrated dungeons

That's just what I have so far, our longest term goal atm is a playabe 3 cities region consisting of Orcrest, Dune, and Rimmen and the area between, with quests and dungeons.

Comments? suggestions?

Thanks,

DA
Quote:[] Some in game screens of the Desert Imperial Legion piece made for us long ago, with the soldiers wielding that amazing kopesh.

i have the perfect idea for this..... :chaos:
Oh? Wink
how about a video, showcasing both the legion and Orcrest?
I can see much of this is useful for TKTW ... New thought = how about getting TCTW done as the priority? As it is pre-Oblivion any later changes that you make to its locations are :explained: already.

Once this part is completed the Quest can be expanded to reach those special locations that you guys want to show and with a storyline of events that happened in the past = unique in scope - it can continue to added to as your new inspirations emerge!

That way we will have overcome that biig blocker that keeps the general public from getting into what we are doing. They will be able to understand something of Khajiiti Society in Elsweyr and emphathise with our NPCs even before they meet them =)

Lore usually comes from books and NPC conversation, so using the trailer we add to that. We still have our ancient books, and some new books written after TKTW and NPCs will have changed in the meantime so they will be freshly presented, along with the 100s of new NPCs ingame ...
on the other hand raggidman, the trailer is going to require the creation of many resources that i don't really feel we have the skills to create. for example, those musicians are going to require unique animations thats 5 (i think) sets of new custom animations from a team that has no animators. Even if we requested help on that as far as i can see on the silgrad boards the most anyone has ever animated is a door.

I don't mean to be pessimistic, but i think focusing on the trailer at this point would be a mistake. If we could generate intrerest in the way DA has suggested, we might attract an animator willing to take up that challenge.

On brighter note im doing some bongos that can be used as clutter. And as its in big bold type i will look again at modelling some of JKJ's plants, even if they are infuriatingly hard to texture.

Also, i could maybe do some furniture if you have concepts, though i should warn that my modelling will be intermittent from pretty much now till the summer Sad

Edd
?( no musicians? Sad

X( dam musicians, always late for their gigs

... gets on blower to Musicians' Union!

hmmmm :idea2:

:yes: Propa Stand up Bongos? Not tiny lap jobbies???

:banana: plants Big Grin
Now that the new Alpha is out, I want to make a sort of rudimentary claim system out of this thread. There is no limit to how many people can ask to work on a task, just use your judgement. When a claim is taken, the claimer will be placed within the brackets, along with the date it was claimed. If something seems to be wearing on, feel free to relieve the claim from the original claimer. Checks will be placed within completed claims.

Let's get this underway!