Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis' Rocky Region: Area Claim #20 [Old disc.]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can I have this claim? I have ideas. A cave with an entrance-level mine taken by bandits, and caverns below home to spiders and other creatures.
Quote:Originally posted by Sam324
Can I have this claim? I have ideas. A cave with an entrance-level mine taken by bandits, and caverns below home to spiders and other creatures.

Yes please, go right ahead Smile
I have encountered a problem. I tried to place a Khajjit bandit in the cave, but it said that there was a missing bone for tail. He had a long stick protruding from him.
I have encountered a problem. I tried to place a Khajjit bandit in the cave, but it said that there was a missing bone for tail. He had a long stick protruding from him.

Sandor explains the khajiit/argonian tail problem and solution in this post.

If you've worked a lot on the NPC then sandor's solution is best. If you haven't then the easiest solution is to delete him or her and then reload your plugin. Pick one of the Khajiits from our mod and give him the same ID as the NPC you deleted. Click OK on the NPC sheet directly after that and click yes on the prompt about creating a new form. Then open it again, and customize the NPC like you want. Next time you want to make a Khajiit you can use your previous one as the template.
OK, thanks. I finished the caves, and now I'm working on the exterior. How do I use vertex shading on the rocks? Sorry, I'm kind of new to editing exteriors.
Try this article. Just to be clear, you cannot shade the rocks themselves, but the ground below them is fair game and in fact recommended.

Steve
I think that this is just too big for me. I can't figure out how to get 100,000 faces in a barren wasteland. I guess I'll relinquish the claim, and stick to interior editing. Hopefully someone else will reclaim it. Sorry. I did finish the 2-level cave, though.
I'll have a look at your file. Smile
I like the layout of the caves! :goodjob:
The caves need more detailing.
Would you be willing to finalize the caves?

I think that this is just too big for me. I can't figure out how to get 100,000 faces in a barren wasteland.
Many objects have been optimized so I think a lower face count is ok.
For example cell -21,45 has a current face count of 15000.
Increase the face count upto 45000 - 50000 (for the other three cells as well).

How to do that?

Select a rock and use "CTRL D" to duplicate the rock an move it the correct spot. Resize it a bit and change the rotation etc. Also add new types (Static>>ST>Rocks>>WestGash).

It should be easy to increase the face count.

Don't forget to create a path (no rocks) for the PC so he/she can walk to the cave.

@Sam324
Let me know what you think.
Yes, I'll finalize the caves. I think I'll be able to increase the facecount that much for the exterior. I'll give it a try.:goodjob:
Pages: 1 2