Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: N'kau palm (llamaranger's plants models)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j18/ll...r/palm.jpg

ive done the berries as well. I had to make them a bit simpler than the original concept: 1. limitations of blender 2. Excessive poly count (main reason Big Grin)

textures\elsweyr\plants\nkaupalm

sound ok JKJ?

The poly count is still pretty high (for a plant) so I'd use them quite sparsely

For those interested the trunk+leaves+berries is about 3500 faces. But the berries alone are about half that (lots of little things=lots of little faces=high poly count Sad), so for the tall ones leave the berries off Tongue

I'll have the tex's normal mapped and tall and small variants + berry "add-on" (ive done them as a seperate mesh) done and uploaded by tonight.

Edd
I like :yes:
Big Grin n'ka palm tree!!!!!

Wrong word? No berries on Palm Tree - try Coconut

Huge great (often brown and hairy), round nut that contains a white edible Flesh and 'Milk'!

Some of them have smooth, green and yellow coloured skins too.

Poly-counts would be better with the smooth skinned varieties though hairy ones fun.
its from JKJs concept raggid, which had berries, and as she is a research botanist (if i am not mistaken), ill take her word that its supposed to have berries Tongue

Edd
Dates are berry-esque, right?
i suspect dates are probably in the same categories as plums, but yes thats the sort of thing ive modelled, mostly to try and save on poly's Big Grin less berries=less poly's which means we can place more of these trees=better Big Grin

Edd
No coconuts? Sad

Maybe the dates, whatever would be hidden by the leaves and not easily seen, and there will be animals, birds and insects that eat these, reducing the numbers required?
it should be fine, they should be less than vanillas ridiculous poly counts (i know my temple is considerably less poly's that the vanilla cathedral). As long as the berries are placed in moderation it will be fine methinks.

Edd
you could make the berries planar. just a plain with the berry tex would work well, save on polys. so too with the fronds i suppose, but it looks great so far. :goodjob:

ragz, we have coconut palms from VW already, but no coconuts themselves
the leaves on top are planar, just many layers... I've pmed you the link for the n'kau as it is (big an small varieties) and the modelled berries... i was thinking of planar berries... i'll give it a shot sometime, but i'm going to concentrate on the other plants during my break...

speaking of which:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j18/ll...potato.jpg

potato anyone?

these should be textures and uploaded by tommorrow night, thats tommorrow morning for you JKJ Big Grin

Edd
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5