Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Ask me for scripting!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If you need a script or would like a cool effect in the game Submit the idea here and I'll get it working. I always add little tidbit effects to the game myself to make it more interesting like an enchantment that kills vampires or the ability to plant seeds. Don't be hesitant, just ask. I might actually be able to do it because programming is finicky and seemingly hard things may prove easy in coding.

I know this kinda asks to be eaten alive with requests but Silgrad Tower needs a scripter as I'm told and this way I feel like I'm doing my part.

:wave::wave::wave:
:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:
:wave::wave::wave:

(It's a DNA strand, look again!)
I have a claim in Steadhelm harbor that I may work on again soon. Big Grin What would be cool would be a "boat elevator", where the PC gets into the boat, activates it, and goes along for the ride to the island. Once there, it could be re-activated for the return. The boat model might need some NifSkope-level alteration, but I can do that.

Let me know what you think,
Steve
I'm actually doing the exact same thing for the ferry between Ebbedin island and the mainland. However, it's tricky because when you move an activator using a script, the world collision isn't updated. I've been working on it, and I have a few ideas as to how I'll work around it. I just haven't had the chance to try them because I've been sick and I wasn't able to go on the computer until now.

EDIT: I deleted your duplicate thread and moved this one to the Tavern. Only need one thread... two would get a little bit confusing. Wink
Quote:However, it's tricky because when you move an activator using a script, the world collision isn't updated.

I haven't followed the threads that closely, but I think I read on BSF that it might be just a matter of making the model collision AnimStatic instead of Static. That's easy to change in NifSkope, or I can change that if you like and send you the altered model to test.

Steve
I doors have moving collision so We could make the model a door, even though it's not, and give it the same scfript, and/or a misc Item with Collision.
Thanks Steve, that sounds like it might work. Smile The model I'm using right now is Vanilla Oblivion's rowboat (RowBoat01).

Quote:Originally posted by Dephenistrator
I doors have moving collision so We could make the model a door, even though it's not, and give it the same scfript, and/or a misc Item with Collision.
I don't think changing how it's set up in the CS will change the outcome. I'll experiment a little later on though - I've been meaning to for a few days, I just haven't been able to.
I had another go at it this morning, but I was unsuccessful. When I got back this afternoon and tried SACarrow's model with AnimStatic, it worked. Big Grin

The boat collision moved with the model, but my player character didn't move with the collision. That's okay, I wasn't really expecting him to. Now that I know he won't move with the boat, I'll have to make it so that he does. Anybody have any ideas?

I thought about using a chair object in the boat, but then I thought it would probably just get messier and it would be boring for the player.

I also thought about making a script that physically moved the player while he/she was on the boat. I'm not sure whether I should keep the player in the boat with collision boxes, however, or if I set it up so that it only works when the player is touching the boat... (and would that work with OnTrigger or something else?)

Let's have a little bit of group brainstorming. =)
I'll try scripting moving the player, should be no harder than moving the boat. If furniture works then we won't have to do that and it will be easy to add AIpackages of other riders as well.

could you post the boat mesh by any chance?
I've already got an ESP underway (for Ebbedin, just to clarify), but if you want to try your hand at another, I guess there's nothing stopping you.

You should have gotten the new PM from SACarrow.

As for me, I think I'll do all of the above.
.... {sigh} ok, next time then just ask one person at a time.

How do I empty a thread?
Pages: 1 2 3