Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Silgrad Tower Region area merged.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Silgrad Tower Region area has been merged. Smile

The total surface is a bit less than 2 HM quads (< 2000 cells) and 4 presets were used to generate this region area.

To do:
  • Replace some of the placeholder objects with custom assets
  • Replace 7 vanilla textures with custom textures (a large percentage)
  • Fix a few blending problems (the areas were generated before I knew how to blend regions)
  • Recheck the generated area (floaters).

[Image: th_SC1.jpg] [Image: th_SC2.jpg] [Image: th_SC3.jpg]

[Image: th_SC4.jpg] [Image: th_SC5.jpg] [Image: th_SC6.jpg]

[Image: th_SC7.jpg] [Image: th_SC8.jpg] [Image: th_SC9.jpg]
It looks great Smile

The rocks seem small-ish though, more so than I had imagined when I made them. Would you have a use for a few huge-sized rocks?
Nice screens.
Thanks blackbird and Razorwing. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Would you have a use for a few huge-sized rocks?
That would be great because I used a few large vanilla rocks which could be replaced by the new types.
I'll send a PM with the details.
After seeing those, I definitely feel like going for an in-game stroll.
As someone who comes from an area which features the largest expanse of moorland in the entire world (the North Yorkshire moors in the UK), I am particularly loving seeing those ferns and the blu-ish heather-type flora that I see here.

Can you tell me if there are any plans to intensify this effect i.e. increase the accumulation and density of these two types of flora particularly so as to create a very moorland-like region?

If so, it would be cool to see some rockfaces, crevasses, gorges and other rugged terrain added to really test the player's athleticism. This flora would fit such terrain excellently. I would if yellow gorse bush and thistles from Scotland would make an appearance in the higher zones?
Thanks for the input. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Can you tell me if there are any plans to intensify this effect i.e. increase the accumulation and density of these two types of flora particularly so as to create a very moorland-like region?
Yes I am going to change some of teh areas near the river, which would need an increased density of these two types of flora.

If so, it would be cool to see some rockfaces, crevasses, gorges and other rugged terrain added to really test the player's athleticism. This flora would fit such terrain excellently.
I am planning to create such an area in the South of the the Silgrad region (it's already steep).

I would if yellow gorse bush and thistles from Scotland would make an appearance in the higher zones?
That's a good idea, I especially like the yellow gorse.

So the problem would be the creation of these new plants (not included in the ST assets).
Excellent news, Sandor! I'm really looking forward to seeing those new developments :goodjob:
definitely would like ot see cliffs and gorges. Ones you REALLY dont wanna fall off! Also, theres no quarried in Tamriel is there? make a few, there's plenty of stone buildings, an active or inactive quarry here and there. They fill up to make great vastly deep lakes and bodies get dumped in them.
And now for some dissent: It looks nice, but it doesn't look like Morrowind. I thought the Velothi and Valus mountains acted as a barrier separating neatly the ecosystems. I'd expect less deciduous trees and more emperor parasols. Also, the fireferns seem completely at odds with the rest of the vegetation -- grass, flowers, shrubs and trees. Optimally, the rest of the plants should be altered to fit with the firefern -- not the other way around.
Pages: 1 2