Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Jester/ clown entertainer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had a great idea for a court jester while walking to work. All jolly and stupid,

"I make joke for my lord so he doesn't get board... Ha ha ha ha ha haaa!"

But then when your pleyer gets close to him it goes into a conversation (he is always v.v.negative disposition towards you) where his grimaces and whispers...

"Im going to cut you up!"

"I will enjoy feasting on your offal"

My first thought wasnt this weird nasty jester, it was the same but he was whispering for you to help him. And the storyline would have ensued along the lines of he just passed through one day and was kidnapped and has been there ever since, eventually you find a load of jester corpses in the sewers under the dungeons! but then i thought it would mean the 'lord' or whomever would have to be a certain type for this to happen.

The evil jester (maybe childhood nightmare clown-ey looking! or August clown) wouldnt even need a quest, just a little bit of amusement when he always gives you evil looks. Always 1-way conversations where he whispers, or just growls at you" everybody else loves him to the point that you cant kill him. But if/when you do (through sheer annoyance at his attitude, or the joy of killing a clown) you find a key to his home which could be some f'd up weird fun house type place (think Constantine from 'Theif')

Another option on where to use him would be the Mall i suggested. I have put concept art up for this >>HERE<< then it could be a clown/entertainer nobbing around round the great tree and his home accessible through the sewers, then a small hidden cave. Picture a dirty, smelly clown, the next step up from begging, A BUSKING< DIRTY SMELLY EVIL CLOWN WHO WHISPERS HE WANTS YOU DEAD!

I like it!
scary, simply scary, i can picture him now shadowy eyes, dark lips, etc etc.
I think its a refreshing side quest non of the oblivion heebie jeebies in the way but just some original side quest where the player gets involed in other peoples emotions in order.....to kill them :eek:, Wink :lol:. It's an idea. Whats the reward?
Reward :eek: You get to kill a clown! what more reward do you need!

Hmm, maybe you end up with his madhouse as a home? Better than a load of shacks with same stuff. Would have to think of some weird quest or 2, and maybe he can be some old mage? Also, everyone else loves him so maybe you get 'The jesters stick' a lil stick with a mini jester head on the end. He holds it and talks to it and mimes it talking back, but when you get it, just having it in your inventory adds 25 personality?

Im gonna hopefully get on the construction set (Vista) and its the work PC. If i can i will start having a go at a jesters madhouse as i dont think many modders on there would take that on without a lot of good concept drawings. But its easier to do it myself if poss. Modeling wise anyway, dunno about any scripting. And i wouldnt be able to mod the jester. Anyway, will d some sketches when poss!
You and your sketches, :lol: ahh j/k there great. Well it would be good. could i be of some use in any way? modeling wise that is. I'll probably make the jester stick or something or the costume Tongue . Funny old kook. Btw do u know how to properly make sufficiant textures?
Textures, havent got the foggiest, BUT im a practical and fast learning type of chap. '2nd Life' before now, but that used good templates to design round. Let me know what your thinking and you never know!

Oh and the jester stick and costume would be great. I will have a go at some evil jester drawings in a mo. just doing some Arabian-khajiit-style architecture 1st!

Did you ever get started on that Bloater Shark? or personally i love the idea of the campfire mimmic. BUT possibly no campfire, just have it in a bear trap type cone shaped pit where you drop through bush. The best part is it makes a novel and great new burrow, is completely unrecognisable so takes luck/bad luck to find it... anyway, will maybe start a new thread for that! And if i have to i will model the lil bugger myself! :crown:
hahaha :lmao: yeah yeah. Im doing the assassin bug atm, ill show you the progress im up to there Smile

Back to the jester :yes:
I recon a classic jester, colours, red,blue,white,yellow like the ones on the playing cards the joker, something like that guy. Dont u think?
I thought the same, but a little dirty, never washed clothes etc.

1st scratch...
[Image: b11d5063.jpg]
hmm yess, he still seems like a "good guy" probably put some dark patches near the eyes. I was thinking it would be similar to the joker in Batman. If u can make him look like that but in a jester way its done. :check:
Will do some digi-editing on him when i get home, clean up the piccy then rough him up a bit. Need to make the player confused as to why people would like him. and joker/penguin sinister style would work well!
:yes: i look forward to your imagination
Pages: 1 2