Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Topal Island Teaser: in conjuction with Black Marsh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Righty ho then, lets get started on the topal island teaser. Worldspace TESAnnwyn. Dependent on ElsweyrValenwood.esm only version Alpha 3.0

Topal island is a small island in the topal sea. huddled close to the Black MArsh, and is a part of that territory. The island should be a little swampy especially on the east coast, but mostly jungle. to the south is a small khajiiti fishing village, which trades regularly with Senchal, across the Topal strait. The Argonian natives inhabit most of the island, and i'm not sure what their stance on the khajiiti villagers would be but in such a small place i guess a 'live and let live' policy might apply.

Anyway this is a thread to get the ball rolling for the teaser island.

The khajiiti village should be located in cell 113,24 on the coast. It sould consist of a mixture of Orcrest buildings and Anvil docks. At least one Argonian should live there, providing the trade run between the village and Senchal using the BMBoatHome piece. the main trade item here is fish, which they trade to the Elsweyr mainland for moon sugar and other khajiiti staples.

The rest of the island is free for the Black MArsh team to do what they wish with, and i have only a few requests.
1) No more than three Argonian villages (we don't want to overcrowd the island now do we)
2) that you give any models you wish to use to me, so i can repath them to our new filepathing format (this will also make it easier to keep black MArsh stuff separate from other mods, they will get their own sub folder etc) I will release these as a sub-release.

Now, an important thing to note:
The Black MArch pieces are not allowed to be used for any other part of Elsweyr, without the express say so of one of the Black MArch Leaders.
I've got some assets lying on my comp for this from AGES ago, some Easter Island-esque statues (that were made by the now extinct Keptu(name?) men that lived around Topal), some various retexes, and some other stuff.
sweet, send em my way
ElsweyrValenwood.esm? :eek:
yeah, it hasn't been renamed yet, don't panic.
Hehe not panicking, just reminded of really old times, fine it was panic Big Grin
Great. Big Grin
Sounds like a good layout, but what about the central city? If there is one.

As for the usage of assets, as long as you notify me I will more than likely let you use them, unless they are unique. As for the other members I cannot speak, but I'd still like to know about it. :yes:
To me Topal Island has always come across as a small island with scattered villages which trade fish and pearls etc to the mainland for harder to get items such as moonsugar from Elsweyr. this is also the reason for placing the khajiiti village on the southern part of the island, closer to Senchal and easier to procure such commodities.
Yeah, maybe a small township sized place for central trade?
Kinda like a huge market, only with permanent buildings.

Actually we could use Topal Island to connect Eleswyr to Black Marsh, that way people who download both our mods can play them together easily.
There's simply not a lore basis for such a purpose. This island is far out there as far as both provinces are concerned. I just don't think a central city is warranted on tis island.
Pages: 1 2 3 4