Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Writings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Me and El Neraver, are going to start writing books, report and letters for Dumac. For this purpose im making a thread so that we can post em in here, tomorrow(thats on 26-04-08) ill post a few war reports to start with, any lore that might help us with writhing will be gratefully accepted, and can be posted int his thread(im being politer as normal feels quite strange there hehe)
Tomorrow im going to start wrting after some research, and ill start with some letters home of em archeologists and war reports of em dwemer, now as in the home letters, i was planning to one of a bosmer archeologists(which is quite odd) and a orc adventurer, sent out by king Gortog of Orsinium to look for treasure(so this is going to be a report of findings) Now i do like to have the approval of ya guys here, so please say if ya do Tongue
Sounds good, though I'm a bit confused about where the bosmer and orc enter into it...

Are those letters to be found in Dumac? or misc other things we can have if we make something akin to an archaeologist's guild. The letters and such which are found in Dumac should logically be written during the time period when there were dwemer, as opposed to archaeologists looking back, since the ruin hasn't been explored yet
though there are archeologists outside it isnt it?
Howdy

To Danaran and Seniosh

I think I understand both of ya and I agree/disagree, rather clarify

Documents pertaining to King Dumac and or Nerevar Indoril or any other writings pertaining to the war with Skyrim (The Nordic Invasion of Morrowind) should be found inside the City

Any other documents such as Letters to or from different societies regarding studies of Dumac and treasure hunting etc etc can be found outside or near the beginning

The Idea is that The Player will be the first person ever to enter into the city, Doran Searor of Sunhold... his party made it as far as the Test of Confrontation (the final test)

:idea1:
It may be possible and I think good, if others might have made it in but not back out, an occasion corpse of a rogue theive might be ok, a letter found on such might indicate a request from an unknown client wanting something of value from the ruin (since dwemer artifacts are valuable)

The bottom line is when the player enters the City, he/she finds the ruin in a prestine state

Enjoy
Bob
Agreed, and in that line a orc adventurer would fit in isnt it? going to start on the orc now.

Well here it is my first report, it is a letter found on the body of a orc adventurer. Hope ya like it, if i need to improve it at any point please do say!! (cant put it in attachment, so i send it in this format)

Sanctioned by King Gortwog of Orsinium.

My King, in my recent findings I’ve now stumbled on a Dwemer ruin in the Velothi Mountains, as you know my lord, there are many findings of great treasures in these ruins. This ruin in particular looks like a city. I will go in and when I come back sent this letter to you my king.

3E 412, 18 of First Seed.
After finding my way in, I have found some cogs and coins but nothing big yet, tomorrow I will go in further.

3E 412, 19 of First Seed.
Again not much of a find this day, but I must go in further for my King! I haven´t found any hostiles either, which should be common in these ruins.

3E 412, 20 of First Seed.
Finally I have found something big! Seems like some sort of big machine, and it looks like it could still be working! I must find my way back and sent this letter to you, my King. If I go quick ill maybe make it in 1 day.

3E 412, 21 of First Seed.
I got attacked by some kind of centurion, like the ones they spoke of in Vvardenfell. I´m gravely wounded, and won´t make it back, as it seems this letter will never make it to my King….

If someone finds my body and this letter please report to King Gortwog… that would save my honor.

By the grace of my king I bid this world farewell.

Both-gro-Lukat, Adventurer and Scout of the Orsimer.
Other than the fact that I don't think most Orc's are intelligent enough to make it through the Dwemer tests, :lmao:

Tis fine

Enjoy
Bob
good, but maybe them adventurers are smart orc with a IQ higher than that of a chipmunk(or anything that cant pass the tests)

My second letter, if you look at the text and the name real good, and if youve played Morrowind, youll see i put a Easter Egg in it. Much reading pleasure
wished!

(This letter, found on the stripped body of a khajiit, explains that he is a thief working for some unknown collector)

Ra’Zahr.
With this letter I send you your goals for your mission.
The location you need to go to is Dumac, a old Dwemer city ruin that lies in the Velothi Mountains, there you need to find yourself a way in, and steal away the plans of the Dwemer Scarab and Airship, unlike most plans found in the ruins here in Vvardenfell these are unique as they deliver the plans made by the Dwemer in that specific area. After you have acquired the plans, you must return to me in Tel Branora where you will receive your reward… and your freedom.
The Misstress.

(note to Insanity, i dont mind at all that ya removed my posts, i knew it was a discussion only i found out a bit late)
before starting on books and reports of em Dwemer, i must ask one thing, since em Dwemer didnt write in normal language, the writhings inside Dumac City should be Dwemer to, and since our hero(us) cant read our translate em runes, how can he read em?? Are there people outside the ruin that translate the books you find inside?
Hmmm, maybe we could have someone able to translate them outside the dwemer city, sounds like a good way for the player to be able to read the books.
Pages: 1 2