Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Bethesda contact for Lore!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Right, I need this to get out to the core from all mods hosted here. I have made some enquiries and gone down a few avenues and have now got the personal email of a member of Bethesda Softworks. Basically they have agreed to look over a list of yes/no/maybe type questions.

SO. Can the core members (and established, hardcore members) quickly come up with a list of yes/no/maybe answerable questions about lore etc and i can put it to 'the contact!'.

Please keep questions easy and relevent, if your not sure just post something you need an answer to here and I can reword it for the list. We may get away with 1-2 questions requiring longer answers.

They have already confirmed there are currently no plans for expansions or a new TES game (they would say that eitherway though!)

anyway, get to it! and please can someone in the know pass this on to the core members of the other hosted mods.
I'm pretty sure they have a small group of devs working on TES5, can't remember where I heard that, but I'm think it was someone from Bethesda.
Yea, they have most on fallout but supposed to be others working on TES5, but like i say, they are bound to say they arnt. Confidentiality etc.

Anyway, back to the questions, all you modders, loree experts etc, get going! :goodjob:
Q. Are the 'Deep Ones' mentioned in the "Shadow over Hackdirt" quest infact Sload?

Q. Is the reason why the stars are far more vibrant in the Shivering Isles due to being closer to Aetherius, or is the sky in the Shivering Isles merely an illusion held in place by Sheogorath?

Q. Has Bethesda ever put any serious thought into Michael Kirkbride's proposal of an Elder Scrolls game based around a Secunda Moon Base?

Q. Is the Dirrini Clan of Highrock in part decended from the Ayleids (from when they fled from Cyrodiil after the Alessian uprising)?

Q. Is the 'Imperial Univeristy' mentioned in books prior to Oblivion, infact the Arcane University, or is it a seperate (Imperial) establishment in another province?

Q. Are the Minotaurs of Cyrodiil decendants of Alessia and the Divine Bull Morihaus? (per their son being a 'Man-Bull').

Q. Was Pelinal part Ayleidoon?

Q. Why did the developers decide to include dogs, but not cats in Oblivion? Seeing as cats have appeared in the previous Daggerfall.

Q. Is there actually a place in Tamriel called 'Imbel', that Jakben is Earl of? (from the Theives Guild Questline) Or is his Earlship completly made up, along with the town, and everything else about him as a cover story?

Q. Who owns the Island in the middle of Topal Bay, found on the latest official map of Tamriel? Elsweyr, Cyrodiil, or Black Marsh? Or is similar to the situation with Solstheim, that it 'belongs' to the Empire, but the actual inhabitants are native locals?
well you could ofcourse ask what happened to the dwemer, did they really die or are they in a other dimension or something. btw i think our earl jakben is a easter egg based on the nursery rhyme Jack be Nimble, or to Spring-Heeled-Jack someone out of the english folklore.
Quote:Originally posted by Danaran
well you could ofcourse ask what happened to the dwemer, did they really die or are they in a other dimension or something. btw I think our earl jakben is a easter egg based on the nursery rhyme Jack be Nimble, or to Spring-Heeled-Jack someone out of the english folklore.

We already know EXACTLY what happened to the Dwemer. Their souls got used to make the armour of the Numunium (as told to us by Micheal Kirkbride, guy who wrote the sermons, etc).

And I know about the Jak be Nimble thing, what I wanted to know is if Imbel was an actual place Tongue
well since it it a easter egg, i dont think it really does, but ya can always try.
Old Ye, thats great will try this list on em now and see how usefull this contact is! Smile
Ye Bards questions went to Bethsoft this morning. I hope to get a reply within 24 hours. Then i will find out how knowledgeable and helpful this guy is. Comes down to luck of who i have contacted now, it its a big fan im pretty sure they will do their best.
Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard
Quote:Originally posted by Danaran
well you could ofcourse ask what happened to the dwemer, did they really die or are they in a other dimension or something. btw I think our earl jakben is a easter egg based on the nursery rhyme Jack be Nimble, or to Spring-Heeled-Jack someone out of the english folklore.

We already know EXACTLY what happened to the Dwemer. Their souls got used to make the armour of the Numunium (as told to us by Micheal Kirkbride, guy who wrote the sermons, etc).

I don't recall ever reading such about the Dwemer, could you point the direction

And I know about the Jak be Nimble thing, what I wanted to know is if Imbel was an actual place Tongue

I think Springheel Jak might have gotten a hold of some tainted blood Smile
It is possible that Imbel is the name of a town or village, the Imbel family line has been around for a while it could have had a village named
Pages: 1 2 3 4