Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Fabled Ghosts of the Night Sands, Vol. I
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(Draft copy, would like input)

Fabled Ghosts of the Night Sands, Vol. I

Written by Ra'Zhyrgha.

This one's mother always warned us of the dangers of the desert, how the mor-jo'Khaj with their Claws-of-dark would rip our minds to pieces if we strayed to far into the unknown sands. We didn't really pay attention to her though, for we were to busy learning the ways of killing by way of hitting each other with our kitten-claws (by which this one means the ancient rites of MEiamgoingtokillyoubutnotreallyOW), and trying to steal the older cat's feel-good-sugar.

One day, we became lost in the Desert of the Long-Fur. It was vast, and this one could not escape it, so was lost to the night-black. We tried, we really did to get away from it, but we gave up hope when we heard the noises of screaching black-beasts far off in the distance.
They howled, and made noises that only in Padhome could of been dreamed up. This one became fearful of the uncertainty of the Dark (for even Khajiit fear the Old Things), we ran, and ran, until we colapsed amongst the Dunes, to weak to move any more.
This one remembers only fragments of what happened in the rest of that terrible night, drifting in and out of thought, seeing Dro-Khajiit of times long-gone, watching the stars fight celestreal serpents; but it was the last we heard from the beasts that night, they did not follow us into our dream-walking, so we escaped into places that they could not go (but sometimes more dangerous).

The next day we awoke with sand in fur and mouth (and other places Clan Mother would not let us speak of), bathed in the orange of the new day. We passed by a traveling caravan, and bought passage to Corinth. The journey back to the city was long and boring, but we had no more nightmares, and no bandits attacked us, so we felt safe enough.

When we finally got back, Clan Mother whacked her paws around this one's head many times, until we felt dizzy and dazed. We deserved this punishment though, for we did forget the words of Clan Mother, and paid the price of a meeting with mor-jo'Khaj, Fabled Ghosts of the Night Sands; though it would not be our last.
Very packed full of character, how much of this is developed and how much derived from official lore? Would just like to know so I can better educate myself, as this would be nice to implement.
Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
Very packed full of character, how much of this is developed and how much derived from official lore? Would just like to know so I can better educate myself, as this would be nice to implement.

It's just a story built around the dro-m'Athra (found the word on the UESP, for "Dark Spirits of Elsweyr"), but I've tried to take away any proper descriptions of these creatures, and rather have blurred approache to them (and it wil be so in the next volumes too).
remember that dro-m'Athra is another word for daedra the "inverse phases of the moon" ~TIL
seems our bard is a real storyteller, like a real bard indeed. Nice story really like ya writings, atm im writing war reports for Dumac meself, but they nowhere come near your stories Smile Smile =)
Quote:Originally posted by Ja-Kha'jay
remember that dro-m'Athra is another word for daedra the "inverse phases of the moon" ~TIL

Bah! I really shouldn't even be going near the Elhnofex Langauge page on the UESP, it's complete crap, and outdated (which I've known for ages, since working on the Ayleid Language page -which is one of the few things on the UESP you can actually use as reference).

The word I'm going to use instead is: mor-jo'Khaj ('mor[i]' is stolen from the Ayleidoon meaning 'dark' (in the evil sense), 'jo' meaning Scholar/Wizard, and 'Khaj' meaning desert. Together meaning "Darkened Spirits of the Desert" or something like "Spirits-who-escape-from-the-dunes-shadows" (which ties them in with a posible link to being Shadow Being, AKA the monsters from Shadowkey that came through shadows-which-were-portals-to-elsewhere)).
excellent. I will add this word to the New Ta'agra dictionary