Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Hlaalo Keep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Basics

The noble Saryn Hlaalo lives on the island of Hinnaib now, a recently made Manor/barracks is his permanent residence, although it looks more like a nice summerhome to me. So, this is what we have. We've got a young Noble, and newly inhabited island, and a barracks full of Hlaalu guards, and recently 'recruited' outlaws, that found the light and joined this marvelous house, adding to it's defense. This is what I plan.

Layout.

Built into the mountain, is the keep itself, next to those in Narsis, the tallest building the Hlaalu have seen.Okay, exaggeration, maybe about 6 floors. At the top, of course, would live Saryn and his lover(s)?. It would have a few floors obviously, and at the bottom would be NPCs

Two Hlaalu Guards patrolling the area.
Arvela Hlaalo: She's the representative of Saryn, and his sister, you talk to her for quests.Oathman. Noble.
Urven Delas: He's decked out in bonemold, except his helm. If you need to talk about the garrison, he's the one to speak with. Lawman. Warrior.
Antonius Jucanis: He's controlling the overall ship trade through the keep. Discount Ebony swords for us! Cool House Cousin. Shipmaster/Trader.

Second Floor: Sleeping quarters for maids.
Three female Khajiit maids, names will come later.

Third Floor: Sleeping quarters for Guards in the keep, and Urven.
Two more Hlaalu Guards here.

Fourth floor: The Library and Arvela's sleeping quarters. Many many many books, rivals Vivec's. It contains books that may be 'taboo'.

Fifth Floor. Treasury! Hlaalo keep needs money to survive, as with stuff, so this is about what's kept in here.
5,000 Septims.
10 pieces of raw ebony.
5 diamonds
5 Emeralds
3 Rubies
3 Glass pieces
Misc Enchanted items
2 Ebony Shortswords
1 full set of Ebony.

4 Hlaalu Guards
Ranor Sarano. He files everything in the treasury, he's got the easy job. He keeps a copy of the deed and construction contract with him at all times, although the real one is with Saryn.Noble. House Brother.

Sixth Floor: This is where Saryn Hlaalo is 90% of the time. His bed is here, the deeds to the island, his personal amount of gold, some armour, things like that. It's his bedroom basically, and it has a lock on the door, so if you try to get in, well.. You should get the key.

That concludes the keep itself.

There are a few other buildings.

The Barracks:
The barracks consists of 2 above ground floor, and one floor underground.
It consists of
A sleeping quarters, training facility, sparring room, a blacksmiths room, and a check in desk of sorts. The roof is an archery range.
4 Hlaalu guards.
Bivale Hlaalo, the receptionist. Drillmaster. Oathman.
Falso Uvayn, blacksmith, he sells you arms and stuff. Smith. Retainer.
Ugrob gor-buzgrob, he's training there, he wants to serve as a Hlaalu Guard. Warrior. Hireling.
Aeryn, she's the bosmer archer of the group, selling bows and other marksmen items,(arrows I guess) Sharpshooter. House Cousin

Shipping Office:
Canctunian Haerian, he serves under Antonius, he basically writes everything down, and sends it to Antonius.
It's a three room building, the reception desk, Antonius' room, and Canctunian's room. Basically shipping logs and the like are here, nothing of major importance.

Hlaalo Port:
It's the actual Port, with spaces for two/three boats, haven't really decided yet, but yes. Basic Hlaalu docks, barrels and crates willy nilly. One travel ship, one/two trade ship(s)
Flaevus Buryan, you talk to him if you want to travel basically, I'm thinking about only being able to be sent to the Hlaalu canton, but depending on you guy's outputs, maybe going to other places as well.

Guard towers:
4-5 of them. 2 at each gate, and one on the opposite side of the island, (from Hlaalo keep)
Just guards in them, Hlaalu Sharpshooters at the top.

Storage room:
All this trade I'm talking about and no place to store any of it! What ever shall we do? make a storage room ofcourse. It's basically a one room area, with crates and the like in it. Guarded by Hlaalu Guards outside, to prevent break ins, it's also locked.

Hinaabi (mine)
My plans for Hinaabi are of this, there is a recently found glass deposit deep in the cave, so, they turn it into a mine. It's a 50/50 trade with the EEC and Hlaalu, so no one is getting underpaid. Although, the Hlaalu getting money, that's sort of an under the table deal, because if you guys recall, all Glass belongs to the Emporer himself, so selling it is illegal, it must go straight to the EEC or something. I smell a quest?
3 miners, names will be decided later.

Okay, that's pretty much it. It's walled and has two exits, maybe one, eh, whatever you guys think. Well, I'll add possible quests once I think it up.
nice work! plenty of good ideas and planning.

The amount of gold and such seems a little much though if it was heavily gaurded that would be different, we'll just have to see how the thief stuff works out in oblivion.
very good stuff you have compiled/thought up!

EDIT: personally, I always thought of it as based on hill-forts... which usually have a palisade or wall, and then within are buildings surrounding a keep...
of course there are hill forts that are bigger and more complex.... but that's what I had thought of...

but the single tower idea is fine... we just need to wait and see how it turns out :yes:
Thanks for the input guys. Oh, by the way. There is a Glass mine there, of course there will be a lot of money!
posted new CS shots in the concept art forum Smile
Okay, the quests that I am going to make, are probably going to either only be for House Hlaau members, or whoever is in charge of Hlaalu quests, I'll speak with you about maybe making Saryn a quest giver. (Is there a person who's in charge of the house ish thing?)
as of now, things are organized by area rather than affiliation, so you should be free to really do whatever, if you want saryn to be a Hlaalu quest giver the only thing i would say would be to clear it with KuKluzA, other than that i see no problem.
I have a question. Would you mind taking Uryne Nirith and having her work here? She was the servant to Ralen Hlaalo in Balmora, and I figured that his son might keep her in the family and use her as one of his servants?

And do you have any plans for Hlaalo Manor in Balmora? Are you keeping it in the Hlaalo family, or did Saryn sell it off when he moved over to Hinnabi Island? I don't really have any plans for it specifically, but if you don't want it, I could use it as room for some high-class homes, to make more places for NPC's to live in town.

Let me know what you would like to do, or if anyone else has any comments to add.
I'd love to have her there. Also, You can use it for whatever you want, I'd prefer if the person was someone close to the Family though
Quote:Originally posted by Daishi
I'd love to have her there. Also, You can use it for whatever you want, I'd prefer if the person was someone close to the Family though
Does anyone know of somebody close to the Hlaalo family? Was there any mention of somebody like that in the game, or do I just get to make-up somebody, and give them a backstory of being old family friends? Wouldn't be too hard (old Hlaalo family friend moves to moves the Vvardenfell from the mainland, and Saryn gave it to them to live in?).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6