Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: No Way Forward...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having got two strange and twisted errors on the same quest I finally decided it was about time I came to ask the answers here.

I've been having enough issues with the Silgrad Tower mod regarding its sheer size and the ever-increasing lag. Its pretty enough, and certain areas of the mod make for really nice screenshot locales... but it just seems too buggy...
Now... the issue.

It all started with an old lady telling me to go get cookies, and then promptly getting accused of a murder. What I thought to be a little sidequest has spiralled into a fairly in-depth and involved quest. That may be considered a good thing, but it just doesn't work. When I run into a dead-end, there is NOBODY who can help out in-game. People in the streets of Silgrad Tower don't have the usual Morrowind options of "Someone in particular" or "Services"... nor even "My Trade" for the most part. The "Latest Rumours" doesn't tend to add anything either. They're all unhelpful clones effectively.

So the first error. The baker's wife. She shut the shop and it said she'd gone home to mourn or something, but she wasn't there. She wasn't anywhere in the home building at all. In the end, I had to use the console to transport myself into the locked shop to access the damned woman, which was a lucky convenience.

Now, many conversations, strange little encounters and fruitless following up later... I walk around most of the time with the Robe of Concealment on as told, the game is about three times as laggy as it was when I first got there....

... And because the Orc slave-seller guy won't talk to me about his encounter with the Butcher from out of town, I've been told to go see a mr Richeard something... Head of the town guard folks, located beneath the city in the barracks place in his office.
I went to talk to him, spoke to the guy outside his office and showed him the ring to get him to let me in.....
.... And found the man I was looking for.

... But he doesn't say anything relevant, won't talk about any connected subjects, and doesn't seem to have anything to talk about which is of any help at all. The storyline has come to a complete stop in other words.

Ok... so whoever made this game is very good at making it pretty, but they really need to fix up NPC interaction and the functionality of the quests.
Hi SotiCoto, welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:wave:

You've come across the fabled Murdered Baker quest, which is broken and unfinished going on close to two years now. Over time there's been attempts made at fixing it, but I think the general consensus is that no-one in our team can make heads or tails of how it's supposed to play out. It's the other side of the complexity coin I guess, when it works out it's excellent but when it doesn't, it's exceedingly hard to make it work. The silver lining is the fresh, clean slate soon to be offered by Oblivion, and I hope next time around we'll set the bar a bit higher when it comes to quests - something that certainly applies to me as well. Most of us will leave loose ends behind us in our Morrowind closets that we aren't particularly proud of, but my personal view is that it's better to do nine things right and one thing wrong than one thing right, albeit you'll be reminded of the one wrong thing a lot more often.
So do tell me if there is any console-related way to get past the current little issue... Any particular subject-matter that the man is supposed to talk about that isn't on the topic list but can be manually added?
Quote:Originally posted by SotiCoto
So do tell me if there is any console-related way to get past the current little issue... Any particular subject-matter that the man is supposed to talk about that isn't on the topic list but can be manually added?

Sorry, I have no idea. I've never played that quest (past the prison cell). By the time I started modding for Silgrad Tower I had already pretty much lost interest in playing Morrowind Smile