Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Class Leveling and Additions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok, here is a list of all classes from Morrowind. I put them into groups of how I think they would have leveled over the six year difference from game to game (Bards, Booksellers, etc.: up 3 Lv's, Caravaners, Farmers, etc.: up 4 Lv's, and so on...).

There is also a section for New Classes that weren't in Morrowind that we can add (if they aren't already in Oblivion that is).

Just to let everyone know now, this is only a concept outline of idea's. None of this is concrete yet, and even when we start to make the mod, this can be bent (maybe occasionally broken) in an effort to conform to the individual NPC's needs, lifestyle and storyline. I can already think of a couple NPC's in Balmora that will break this mold, but for the overall populace, I think this is a good basic outline.

Let me know what you think of it, and give me some idea's on new classes as well.
  • 3 ~ Bard, Bookseller, Caretaker, Clothier, Commoner, Gondolier, Guild Guide, Journalist, King, Merchant, Noble, Pauper, Pawnbroker, Publican, Queen Mother, Trader, Savant/Trader Service

4 ~ Caravaner, Farmer, Gardener, Herder, Miner, Pilgrim, Slave, Alchemist/Apothecary/Enchanter/Healer/Mage/Monk/Priest/Sorcerer/Thief/Wise Woman Service

5 ~ Alchemist, Apothecary, Enchanter, Healer, Mage, Monk, Priest, Shaman, Shipmaster, Sorcerer, Thief, Wise Woman

7 ~ Acrobat, Agent, Archer, Barbarian, Mabrigash, Master-at-Arms, Rouge, Scout, Sharpshooter, Smith, Smuggler, Witch, Battlemage/Drillmaster/Nightblade/Assassin Service

8 ~ Assassin, Crusader, Drillmaster, Enforcer, Guard, Hunter, Knight, Nightblade, Spellsword, Witchhunter

10 ~ Battlemage, Buoyant Armiger, Champion, Necromancer, Ordinator/Guard, Warrior, Warlock

New Classes ~ Gangster (or another name?), Vampire Hunter

Here's a quick breakdown of who's in what leveling group:
  • 3 - Mostly merchants and nobles who have other people to do things for them.
    4 - The day to day workers and those who provide services for a fee (mostly the one's who provide tangible services, as in not training).
    5 - Most non-hostile classes, and some other classes that would level some but not too much.
    7 - Now we're getting into classes that actually fight, and the providers of non-tangible services (i.e.: trainers).
    8 - More forceful classes that use combat on a regular basis, such as guards and assassins.
    10 - The top of the list is reserved for classes who go out and find the strongest foes to fell.
    New Classes - Self-explanatory
I am just having a quick read through, and there is one name of a class I don't like

Gangster

In my veiw this is too modern. It just doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the classes
Quote:Originally posted by Yacoby
I am just having a quick read through, and there is one name of a class I don't like

Gangster

In my veiw this is too modern. It just doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the classes
Hey, that was KuKulzA's addition to the list, not mine (j/k). :lmao:
it was a suggestion... since the Cammona Tong ARE gangsters... so you tell me...
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
it was a suggestion... since the Cammona Tong ARE gangsters... so you tell me...
I know, but how about some of these? Maybe not for classes per se, but maybe they could be ranks for the gangs?
  • Gangster
    Hooligan
    Thug
    Mobster
    Goon
    Hoodlum
    Ruffian
    Lout
    Mugger
    Brute
    Heavy
    Assailant
    Hood
    Vandal
    Yob
    Bully
    Delinquent
    Criminal
    Crook
Don't you just love the Thesaurus?
I would humbly suggest nixing Dreamers. I think they were cultists under the influence of Dagoth Ur, and when he was destroyed, the Dreamers turned back to normal. I have a distinct memory of talking to a Dreamer after the main quest, who said it felt like he'd been awakened from a dream and thanked me for curing him. Don't quote me on that, but it was something along those lines. So, as Dreamers wouldn't exist in Oblivion's timeline, perhaps those NPCs should now be commoners? What do you guys think?

It doesn't say in this thread, but are you guys planning to make a Cammona Tong faction? If so, will it be joinable? Because they kinda hate outlanders, which I guess is the reason why they weren't joinable in TES III, and since the player starts the game in Cyrodiil... hmm... methinks they would see him as an enemy. I think they would make great adversaries in Thieves' Guild quests though. That's just my personal opinion of course.

royalblue[/hr]

Cammona Tong
The Camonna Tong is Morrowind's native criminal syndicate. They're grown powerful and ruthless since the Imperial occupation, and have great influence in the higher ranks of House Hlaalu. The Camonna Tong are in direct competition with the Thieves Guild for control of illegal trade, and they have sworn to exterminate the upstart outlander newcomers. The Camonna Tong are known for their brutal disregard for human life.

(source: TIL)
I was actually talking to Kukulza about that. We have come to a somewhat agreement that you have to belong to a faction that is in alliance with the Cammona tong, and have to be Dunmer.
basically if you've done well in lets say... House Hlaalu... or done a few open-to-anyone quests for Cammona Tong members... then, you must go talk to Orvas Dren to get a few quests from him... after that... depending on Orvas' disposition towards you (which starts out low, so do the quests well and not a sloppy job)... you can get in...

but if you are a member of the Thieves Guild... forget it... enter Dren's Plantation, and provided that you are not too powerful, you'll get hacked to pieces

but you cannot be in:
Thieves Guild
Mages Guild
Imperial Legion
Betmeri Guerillas
Census & Excise
East Empire Company
Twin Lamps
vampire clans

and you must be Dunmer...
being in a House will help a lot... and also fulfilling all the prerequisite quests is more likely to allow you to get in the Cammona Tong... but these demanding conditions must be met... notice that those guilds are mostly Imperial, outlander, or the much hated Vampire Clans...
Ok, so we are going to scratch Dreamers, and find a new name or idea for Gangsters.

And I guess it's been decided that Cammona Tong will only be joinable by the requirements KuKluzA listed above.

Anyone else got anything to add or edit about the class list, or do you all think it is fine as is?
Do you think that will be able to modify characters actions and daily AI based movements?
Pages: 1 2 3