Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Rotating trees
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you rotate trees in the CS?
you dont. trees change how they look in game though, so they wont all look the same.
Thanks Lady Nerevar. I was trying to rotate one of the larger ones because some of the branches were where they shouldn't be.
I think you can rotate trees through artificial means but at least for the ST trees it's a bad idea because it will keep the billboard (sprite) from facing the player.
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I think you can rotate trees through artificial means but at least for the ST trees it's a bad idea because it will keep the billboard (sprite) from facing the player.

That doesn't sound good. I just moved the whole thing anyway.
You can't rotate the spt's in CS. Sad
Quote:Originally posted by Senten
You can't rotate the spt's in CS. Sad

I think you can get them to lean over if you generate them on a slope. Also I've heard others say you can rotate an object and then search-and-replace that object with a tree that retains the rotation. I haven't had a reason to test out if that works, but another person has and then it turned out that doing that messed up the way billboards display.