Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: On His Holiness; Vol 105th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On His Holiness; Vol 105th

Cyrodiilic Version; Translated and Published by The Univeristy of Gwylim Press.

And so it was that the Mane [of the 105th passing of the Third Divinity], passed into flesh, and was given a hidden name by his Mother. He was not born as perfection though, the young kitten was frail and weak, and could not even do the simpliest of hiding or theiving. His people weapt, and saw upon him their own frailty and also of the Divine Mortality, that even the gods suffer pain.

As the young Mane grew, in size and in braids (though small in number still, because once he tried all of his peoples and almost died, starting the era of braids only of important cats to be worn), but still could not do the simpliest of things. His only escape was fishing in the Cane ponds around the palace, catching the Fish that suckled on the Cane roots.
One day, the Mane [while fishing] caught the favoured fish of the 98th Mane (who had outlived many manes, giving rise to a suspicion that it was infact an Ayleid that the 98th had trapped in the form of a fish while it was shape-shifting), the fish tried to get away, but when it couldn't it did respond to the Mane with it's slippery words;

'Please, oh whiskered one with braids so long, set me free, and I will tell you how you can be too. My face is always of water, so I cannot lie.'

The mane looked at the fish with a tilted head, confused as to weither to eat the magic talking fish (which would give him strength enough to fish for long), or trust the words he spoke with scaley lips and toothy smile.

'You confuse me, Fish Daemon, but I give you time to talk, being that you were favoured by me in another place and time.'

'Good, kind Mane, I thank you by tooth, scale and tail, may your whiskers blessed be. You must send for Thirteen and One and the Other [wanderers] from across the Sixteen places of being, all to be charged with curing you. One will succeed where the others fail and so set you free from your mortal afflictions.'

And so the Fish did bow as low as would be allowed for a fish to do, and flipped back into the Mane's cane pond.

The Mane spoke to his people that evening, and sent word for a selection of wanderers across the sands to be charged with his cure.

The first of those to approach looked upon the Mane as sick, a mutation to be corrected, giving him every potion he knew of, but none would work, leaving the Mane fishing once more, none the better. This cat then fell to the flu and died.

The second to thirteenth to approach all looked upon the Mane and saw no solution, some giving into madness, others into dispair, and driving some to fleeing Elsweyr in light of their failure. They are to be pitied.

The Other heard of those who had come before, and thought hard about what could be done. He then approached the Mane, and looked upon him, not by his exterior, but of his interior self. He spoke to him in words the Mane had never heard before 'Get up, you are fine, for your people don't need you to fight for them, or do their work. You lead their souls from downfall, and you are stronger in that way than any other that lives. You are their Mane, and you are of the grand Alkosh.'

The Mane did stand, looking over his people with height. He felt renewed, and so the land did prosper once more, his failings becomming lessened, and the scars in the land following as such. The Mane did lay a hand upon the Others head, and named him Saint Per'citor-val, of the healing strenth in words.

The 105th did rule for many years to follow, speaking in secret his birth name upon leaving [fin'neces].
very interesting TOYB :goodjob: good work