Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Help with very, very, very simple animations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way to export simple keyframe animations from 3DS max, that doesn't require a ton of tweaking?

I animated a pipe to rotate 90 degrees, and it works fine in Max, i just can't get it into Nifskope. The tutorials i could find elsewhere were, ironically, too complex, focusing on bones and such. So any way to do it simply? Or is my best bet making the animation within Nifskope.
My old thread at NifTools might help if you've gone over the basic anim tutorials. Unfortunately I never did pull it all together, and now I'd probably have to refigure things out. I know it's not a door but if you can get it in-game as a door, I bet the anims can be renamed and scripted. Oh, just remembered this thread at BSF too.

HTH,
Steve
You probably need a Scene Root bone, which you would parent the pipe to using 'Select and Link' (which is found left of the translate, rotate and scale tools). You'd then rotate the bone rather than the mesh. Note that the bone would need to be at the centre of the mesh for it to work properly (either that or the pipe's pivot point woul need to be at the centre (affect pivot only->centre to mesh).

Here is one of SaidenStorm's tutorials cover something similar to what you need to do - he uses translation rather than rotation, but the process should be the same.

Or, as Steve suggested, you could set it up in the same way as a door.