Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Mod Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've been using mods for quite some time now, but have never managed to work out why on some mods I get a big yellow sign with an exclamation mark in the center. This problem has always puzzled with but only with particular mods other seem to work just fine. This problem is quite frustrating to me as it stops me from enjoying what look like really good mods.

Has anyone heard of this problem? does anyone know how to fix it?
The yellow marker shows up if you don't have the .nif file for the object. When downloading mods, always be sure to extract ALL the files from 7z, zip, rar or whatever file.IF you want to be 100% sure that the installation of the mod is a success, extract the Data folder to your desktop and then drag and drop it into your Oblivion folder. Click Yes to all if you encounter any confirms of overwtiting folders etc.

If this method doesn't work, you can try to set the .nif files manually in CS or you can contact the author of the mod, it's his/her job to be sure that all the file paths are correct.

Hope it helped Smile
Right I've tryed what you've said to do, but the problem still persists. I've checked all the nif files I've even put all the nif files straight into the data folder individually, the particular mod I was using to try out what you've said was treleths pitchable tent, i've made sure all the nifs are there my puzzle with it is that there are 3 plug-in files to use and it doesn't state which one to use or to use them all together and i've done both and still the box appears.
Howdy

Just in case you haven't checked this

Sometimes the file path is broken

Re-download your mod (the one your having issues with)

Verify that the NIF your missing is within the data files by opening the downloaded rar/ace or other compressed folder, view the meshes

If the file is missing, then its a modder issue, the modder did not package their esp correctly, you either trash the mod or email the modder and ask for the missing file

If the NIF is present verify the file path and copy it exactly

Open your construction set with the problem esp active

find the object. If it is still missing, open the item render and click on the nif, this should open your data files. find the nif (now that you have it) and re-select it

the marker should go away

Hope it works for you

Enjoy
Bob
Lucias,

bob196045 knows his stuff. I was also going to suggest opening the construction set and verifying what that 'exclamation mark' is. Follow bob196045's plan is sounds like good advice.
OK thanks for the advice I'll give that a whirl ^^