Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Clickeable map for the 5 projects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thread closed on Feb 21st 2006 by Razorwing.
We're using a different system for the overview map now.

[Image: Morrowind_Province_Cut-out_big.jpg]

What do you guys think about the idea of using an image like this on the website? I'm not that good with images so feel free to make a better one if you want. Oh, and it's NOT supposed to be anything like a concept map, just informational. I didn't place the town markers with a lot of care.

It would be made clickeable so people could read information about each of the planned projects. For example one link could lead to q-pages com, another to vvardenfell.silgrad.com, depending on what respective mod leader wants of course. Btw the borders for the southernmost area are arbitrary since I don't really know what boundaries Ben has planned other than that Kragenmoor should probably be in there.
I think it's a good idea. A web based map clicking on summaries and other information will give all the users a good background before downloading the versions of each mod.
I know this could be tough...
but maybe a sort of FLASH map or something...

so for example you would have a map and putting the mouse over a section would reveal some info, and clicking on it will reveal a paragraph about the mod! Smile
...I don't know how to make that though... Sad
Alright, I've added the map to the front page. Clicking it leads to a page with the big picture, which is hotlinked to information about the projects. I took the easy route and just linked to your websites, but on the other hand that does give you guys the most control over what information to show your visitors. Oh, and I slapped together a mini-site for Reich Parkeep too while I was at it.

KuKulzA, that's not a bad idea (and one that could be achieved with javascript) but I figured that linking directly to you guys meant the information never got outdated.
Yes, javascript is probably the easiest way to make the map for the different links be accessed.
well done! :applause:
Well, if you guys give me paste-friendly project descriptions I would be happy to add them to the page beneath the picture. Fire away Smile
Vvardenfell is a giant volcanic isle in the northern region of the Morrowind Province, dominated by the Red Mountain volcano, and consequently is home to diverse and exotic creatures and a land of many geographic variations. This mod, TES4 Vvardenfell, hopes to re-create Vvardenfell six years after the events of TES3, and reflect the increased colonization, indepth look into the Dunmer culture and rising tensions.... and a sinister secret hidden on the island of Vvardenfell... the land will never be the same again. With the last living Tribunal god, the Nerevarine, and the invasion of Oblivion... Vvardenfell faces a dark era not seen since the War of the First Council.

is that good? or should there be a more indepth on the modding? or the pre-concepts of the main storyline? or what?
suggestions, criticism, comments, please! bring 'em on! Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
is that good? or should there be a more indepth on the modding? or the pre-concepts of the main storyline? or what?

It is flawless in every regard Big Grin

Added :check:
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA

It is flawless in every regard Big Grin

Added :check:

:bananarock:
Pages: 1 2