Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Firemoth Archipelago
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
The Firemoth Archipelago was an official plug-in for TES3: Morrowind; a small ring of isles to the southwest of Vvardenfell created by a small caldera. There was an Imperial Fort on the island and the player could go there, defeat the undead army, and then retrieve a magical shield. However, the quest is now done? but we must consider?
1.Has the fort been repopulated? Or has it been abandoned?
2.What is the geography of the island, and what are its military, political, and economical potentials?

Also we must research it more in-depth?
Perhaps it could be part of our project for simply an expansion? also, since Firewatch, Necrom, Telvanni Isles, Narsis, and the other mainland cities are simply individual city expansions? I feel that Firemoth would be more relevant geographically, but maybe not politically?

Who knows, this is but speculation?.

I would think it was abandoned as its great shield was taken away... so its "ward" was to be retrieved meaning that the fort has served its purpose... I think....
Interesting. I've downloaded that mod, but never actually loaded it on my computer, due to it interfered with some of the other mods I already had going.

Maybe I'll go and upload it and create a new character and go check it out. But other then that, I'll have to take your word for it and go with what your saying. If it really did lose it's "shield" then it would seem to me to have served it purpose.

Maybe if we put it in as an expansion and we could just have it as an old abandoned fort. Or maybe there could be a new upsurge of undead/Daedra/Dreugh living there now?
Quote:Originally posted by Ixidors Bane
Interesting. I've downloaded that mod, but never actually loaded it on my computer, due to it interfered with some of the other mods I already had going.

Maybe I'll go and upload it and create a new character and go check it out. But other then that, I'll have to take your word for it and go with what your saying. If it really did lose it's "shield" then it would seem to me to have served it purpose.

Maybe if we put it in as an expansion and we could just have it as an old abandoned fort. Or maybe there could be a new upsurge of undead/Daedra/Dreugh living there now?

I am thinking either Dreugh or a Daedric Cult... like the Cult fo the Atronach... maybe it can be tied to the main quest IF we put the in the cult...
still I like the Dreugh idea better.... and ancient mating grounds for Dreugh... maybe a place where a remnant of their ancient civilization still is...
maybe better to save for your other mod...
perhaps so.... actually... that's a good idea....
so perhaps this idea can be put "on the backburner" for the while and be used when this mod is complete and my second has begun...

of course at that time I will be going through the age-old process of recruitment... but of course you guys will be top of my list for recommended modders :]

so you can feel proud or targetted :lol:
I've never played the plugin either, but this thread made me curious about the place so I investigated it. I took some shots at the same time.

Shots of the exterior setup (1,2,3) and interior shots of the keep, from which the player enters (4,5):
[Image: thumb_firemoth_1_overview_full.jpg] [Image: thumb_firemoth_2_overview_keep.jpg] [Image: thumb_firemoth_3_main_scene.jpg] [Image: thumb_firemoth_4_int_overview.jpg] [Image: thumb_firemoth_5_int_scene.jpg]

From the keep, the player can enter the Upper Chambers, which isn't connected to the sprawl:
[Image: thumb_firemoth_6_int_upper_chambers.jpg]

The big adventure, though, lies below the keep. First through the Great Hall, then Guard Quarters, Dungeon, Mine, Upper Cavern, Lower Cavern, and ending in the Tomb. The tomb is where the special boss creature - a lich - resides. He wields a magical shield called "Ward of Akavir" which looks exactly like a Dragonscale Towershield. It has the nice constant effect enchantment of raising the Luck attribute 25 points. As far as the shield goes though it offers only a minor increase in defense compared to the normal Dragonscale Towershield.
[Image: thumb_firemoth_7_int_sprawl.jpg] [Image: thumb_firemoth_8_boss.jpg] [Image: thumb_firemoth_9_ward_of_akavir_shield.jpg]

I hope I don't offend anyone, but... dreugh, daedric cults... does the future of the fort really have to be that elaborate? It's an Imperial installation that got overrun, and the player set things right in TES3, so shouldn't the place fall back in the Empire's grateful hands?

Why not make it - for lack of a better word - an Imperial coast guard station, with a small fleet of boats on the lookout for smugglers and pirates? Or anything else that's normal. Maybe a couple of fishermen have moved there and built homes, and maybe the mine has expanded a bit and provide income for the Empire. And I think a quest to eradicate smugglers or take down a band of pirates can be rather exciting too. Just my two cents. I hope it gets made in either case since it's "supposed" to be there. Smile
My ideas for the castle would be:
A dark and evil cult have claimed the castle as their base and the castle would be a dark and creepy place which you do not want to visit in the first place.
The castle would be filled with these wicked cultists who worship deadras or whatever, maybe they can be necromancers which would be even more scary than deadra worshippers.

As firemoth is located very close to Seyda Neen which I would love to create, I would be very happy to create this castle as well as it would fit in very good with the plans I have for Seyda Neen and it surroundings.

If the idea above doesn't sound good to you, the idea of the Imperials have reclaimed the castle would probably work as well but I do think that a necromancer/deadra cult in the castle would be a lot more exciting than just a castle with some guards and maybe a quest or two.
I like that idea. I figured that it should be more than just a fort with some guards in it. Or maybe it could be a combination of the two. The Imperial forces have come back to the fort to find that with the shield gone, it's been over run with necromancers. They've fought off the ones on the surface levels, but can't penetrate the lower reaches of the keep.

Maybe the PC could come along and help them get the rest of the fort back into Imperial hands?

Maybe we could come up with a back story and reasoning why it would be over run again with undead and necromancers? Perhaps that location is a very strong place for undead activity, or it has a strong aura and makes for a good place for summoning undead and their worshippers?
Well the fort was once overrun with undeads so it could probably be the overrun again Smile. But as I mentioned in my last post it would suit in pretty good with my plans for Seyda Neen ( firemoth is located pretty closte to Seyda Neen ). Maybe it's time to tell a little more about my plans. Here goes nothing. ( I will post this in my thread named Seyda Neen as well ).

As Seyda Neen will be a lot bigger now, there will be more people living in the town/village. But something strange have happened and at the local graveyard outside Seyda Neen, yeah Seyda Neen will have a graveyard now =), something strange is happening. The guards are getting reports from the people who lives in Seyda Neen of walking corpses, not like corprus beasts but the undead, and the people is pretty afraid. The main quest for Seyda Neen will be to find out what is causing these undeads to rise from their graves and it's here where Firemoth will fit in. Firemoth will be crawling with undeads and necromancers who have claimed the castle as their own. Here they raise legions of undead, if not stopped they will raise an army capable of destroying Seyda Neen and the surrounding towns like Pelagiad, Hla Oad and maybe even Balmora. Please tell me if this sounds a little to epic, if so we can always make it a little less undeads who might only be able to destroy Seyda Neen.

*EDIT, Minor spelling.
Well, kind of epic, but as long as it stays close to the area of Seyda Neen, then I think it would to just fine. :goodjob:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6