Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: What the hell is this thing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm looking at Region 7 of the Steadhelm Region Area Claims with a view to claiming it and I started playing around with it but I needed to know something that's really bugging me.

I've included some screenshots below of a Castle/Fort set that looks quite unusual. So much so that I was thinking of using it. But as you can see, it's quite a wacky structure. The very dark interior does not fit on the same level as the bottom tile set and the view from the inside is even more strange because it blocks out the entrance. Was this thing used inside an underground area of some sort? I just can't place it within Oblivion itself.

It can be found in Static-Architecture-FortRuins-Castle-Exterior and there are various other bits and pieces in there but nothing that makes all of the pieces form a complete, solid structure.
I really have no idea, I've never seen it in-game. I have seen it in the CS a few times and wondered the same thing.

... I hope someone here knows. I'm gonna lose sleep over this.
it was probably intended to be ingame but never made it, there are a lot of objects like this in morrowind and oblivion. the modeled in interior is probably not usable by the looks of it, you'd have to drop in a load door and link to a separately modeled int (like standard forts)
Hi IG. I have noticed this issue more in TES3 CS and I am not sure that it is the same thing but the developers were not real clean. It maybe some parts and pieces that were placed in and never taken out.

If this is the reason it just amazes me how human the developers are. Or lazy, how ever ones chosses to look at it. Smile
Well I know for a fact that I've found unused bits and pieces in Morrowind, in Oblivion and in most of the Mods I've made and the major portion of other mods that I have obtained elsewhere, so my guess is that this is exactly the same sort of thing. It never got used and it never got trashed, so there you go.

MAF
Interesting messiness! Thanks guys!

It has some rather interesting 'houses' that attach to the sides and other bits and pieces. I was thinking of perhaps using it as a 'dead object' with an unopenable door because it fits quite nicely with the Imperial tower (which I think is our own model?).

Before I do, do you think anyone is likely to take this model and make something out of it? I think it would make a nice addition to the tilesets if someone was to create an interior for it. The reason I posted this up was not because I'd only just seen it but because I was convinced I had found some pieces that would fit on the insides but then I couldn't find them again - doh!

Those pieces looked a little like my expectations of what such an interior might look like i.e. a simple spiralling staircase that has fallen to pieces and contains a few doors....a little like the inside of the Oblivion towers.

This could be either a replacement to the normal fort or as an add-on, seeing as the top section merges fairly well with a normal fort bottom section. Therefore, an outcropping section of the normal fort might be modified to open up into a sort of tunnel that leads into this subsidiary tower.

Do you think this is worth posting up as a modeller's job? The reason I ask is because good modellers are rare and probably have a lot on their plate already. I was already thinking of asking for a drawbridge of some sort. I just wondered if, seeing as some large pieces already exist, it might make the whole task somewhat easier.
The left screenshot.

IIRC the smaller tower (StExComTower01) is intended for Deepen Meadows, Razorwing certainly knows but he's on a holiday.

The most right tower is a lighthouse (StExComLighthouse).
You'll find it in the 'EbbedinLightHouse' cell (62,65) in the ST land.
Thanks, sandor. I'm still just playing around at the moment but should I leave those two out of any plans for Steadhelm then?

btw, what's your opinion on using this off-cut piece?
I sent a PM.