Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Greetings.I am a new memeber.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Ehm...I am new here and I want to know anything about Silgrad Tower.I am good at modeling,drawing,texturing,sounds etc.How can I begin working for Silgrad?I worked for Tamriel Rebuilt before but people weren't nice with me so I left.I hope it is not the same thing here.

[edit] Hope you are happy with this little merge - I felt it would be nice to put these new member threads together. raggidman
Hi horodnicdragos, I'm glad to see you made it over here! Welcome to Silgrad Tower!

:wave:

We're a friendly and peaceful community and I hope you'll have a fun time on our team. Many of us are looking forward to modding a Morrowind Province setting for TES4: Oblivion and "going back" again to the lands, characters and stories we created for TES III. Maybe you'd like to upload screenshots of some of the models you've done previously? I'm sure there's goodies in there that wouldn't look out of place in Morrowind.

Off the top of my head, I think the following are important to bring back. Perhaps there's something there that interests you? If not, let us know and I'm sure we can find something else.

1) I think the familiar plants and vegetables from Morrowind is important to bring back to recapture the atmosphere of the lands. I've posted some info on that subject -here- where there's also downloadable .3ds example files for reference. The example files are just ripped models from TES III. So far we have an ash yam model and a stoneflower model, both made by me, incidentally.

2) Something that would also be nice to bring back, and which no-one is working on at the moment, are stronghold installations like the ones strewn over Vvardenfell. Perhaps by making one huge base model and a couple of separate house models that can be placed on top. An interior tileset for them would be really cool, but I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of using just exteriors.

3) Another thing no-one is working on and would be cool to see again are all kinds of Dunmer furniture, perhaps especially beds, bookcases, tables and chairs.

Again, a hearty welcome to the team, and merry christmas!
Welcome Horodnicdragos!

Ok.... I just have to ask.... where did you get that name?

Ben
Welcome to Silgrad!
I know modeling...I dunno if my models are good but I can make some samples.
Quote:Originally posted by horodnicdragos
I know modeling...I dunno if my models are good but I can make some samples.

Yeah, sure. Fire away =)
Welcome horodnicdragos! Ben is right, where did you come up with that?

Also, to anybody that I have not yet said "welcome" to... welcome! I haven't been talkative lately, preferring to take a ghost-like presence and just watch everything happen. I don't plan to be active until Oblivion releases, so until then, I'll pop up every now and then.

Once again, welcome horodnicdragos and everyone. See you around.

-NR
Yeh...I already posted some models.I hope you like them.
Hello.My name is Dagoth Ur and I was with Horodnic Dragos on Tamriel Rebuilt.I felt TR because the people were not very nice.I was impressed by the way you welcomed Horodnic Dragos and I would like to join your team.I am not even 1% expert modeler as Dragos is but I am good in other things like:

1.) Dialogue
2.) NPC's
3.) Ideas;Stories
4.) Simple Scripting
5.) Making interiors

I am glad that I found your project and I hope that I will enjoy working on it.

Dagoth Ur
Hello there Dagoth Ur, and welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:wave:

I posted a reply earlier today but wasn't happy with how it came out (I was pressed for time), and even though I know it's "wrong" I think I'll have the audacity to do a bit of revisionism in this case. I'm glad to have you with us, and I hope you'll enjoy your time with Silgrad Tower - which I hope will turn out to be many, many years.

While it's crucial to have general modders like yourself on the team, it feels (at least to me) like we're between games at the moment, so there isn't as many areas where your skills can be applied as there would be if the game was out already. Modelling is certainly important as far as Oblivion pre-work goes, but it's by far the only one option. Here are some others, off the top of my head; don't hesitate to pitch your own ideas as well.

- We're thinking of having a main story for the Oblivion mod, which is something we've always wanted to do with Morrowind but for various reasons never got around to implementing. What we have so far can be read here. The player starts the main story in a linear fashion, but then gets a choice of supporting one of five factions and following a path of quests that leads to that faction gaining control over Silgrad. Some of the quests have been fleshed out, but there's ample room for more quest ideas to be added to the tree. I like to think of the whole thing as inspiration for the coming mod and not something that has to be followed to the letter. Undoubtedly some of the details will change as we get down to the actual work, but good solid quest ideas are always good to have. Would you like to pitch quests for the main story?

- Over the years our team has written quite a lot of books, which can be read on-line here, ranging from poetry to novels. More are always welcome, and would add to the atmosphere of our world. If they're set in Morrowind that would be a plus, and the books should preferrably not contradict established lore, but apart from that the field would be wide open. Does the prospect of writing books interest you?

- Then there's the team articles section, home of literature of a more drier sort. If there's a specific facet of Elder Scrolls that interest you, and you would like to digest all the available info on it into an article that'll be useful to other modders, it would be a candidate for a place among these articles. That was my intention behind naming conventions and Morrowind's nobility. I'm not saying they're the end-all-be-all on those matters, but it's what I believe to be true.

- You mention dialogue in your post; something which I've been thinking about for some time is that each and everyone of the NPCs in our mod should have something unique to say to the player. I'm not saying that's a rule, I'm just saying I think it's a good goal to strive for. Perhaps you could come up with good lines that would help us achieve that? They could certainly be conditioned, for example "this would be said by a bosmer male" or something like that, if you write a line that would be out of place on an NPC which isn't of that race or sex.

If nothing of the above sounds like something you'd like to do, please don't hesitate to suggest something else. Maybe we need help with something we haven't even thought of before Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5