Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: SACarrow's Clutter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'll use this thread as I do small clutter meshes. My first is a substitute for the hoe; I call it the "Dunmer mattock". I have also set up an idle object for it, but the model still clips the NPC's fingers a little. Here are some in-games and the NIF itself.

Steve

[Image: th_ScreenShot503.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot504.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot505.jpg]

[Image: th_ScreenShot506.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot507.jpg]
I moved the center point on your object. That could be why it was clipping the hands. Give it a try and see if it helps. I named it to DunmerMattock01 so that you only had to change the nif file in the CS on your object.
Cute. Can newbie players use it as a weapon?
Nice work Steve, it's little things like this that add so much to the game. It's also nice to see new stuff raher than the vanilla stuff.
Neat. :goodjob: I think I'll replace the hoes in Ald Nium with the new mattock. Big Grin
Gardening tools are always a plus. GJ Steve.
While playing around and trying to figure out how to make this nif work in game (I had to load the NiStringExtraData into it from the hoe to make it work), I noticed that the hoe also clips the NPC's hands. You can see it in the attached pics (where both the hoe and the mattock are actually showing at the same time). I guess its really just a matter of do the best you can. The other reason its clipping so much SACarrow, is that the size of your mattock is larger than the size of the hoe - the handle is thicker and longer which you can see as well in the pics.

Excellent job on the mattock, BTW. Its something I never would have even thought of.
Yeah, the inspiration was a "seng hoe" given to me years ago by my grandfather to dig ginseng. Well, I'm pretty happy with the clipping now and I've also adapted it into a weapon. The model has to be different since the head needs to be rotated 90 degrees to look like an effective weapon. Here are some screens of the mattock along with the 3 models. The plan is for this to go in with FishIsland, but seeing as I keep getting sidetracked, I can put this stuff in a separate ESP if anyone cares. Smile

[Image: th_ScreenShot556.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot557.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot558.jpg]

[Image: th_ScreenShot559.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot560.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot561.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot562.jpg]

[Image: th_ScreenShot563.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot564.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot565.jpg]
That is sweet. It looks great SACarrow. :goodjob:
It looks superb! :goodjob:
Pages: 1 2