Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Wrong Assumption On My Part
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have to submit my apology to everyone here.
I had made the wrong assumption that TES III ST was a mod that was at least nearing completion and that the latest public release would display that maturity.
Unfortunately for me I was clearly wrong in that assumption. From all appearances TES III ST is still very much a WIP and will be for some time.
Please let me say now that I am a lifelong fan of both Morrowind and Oblivion and possibly Fallout III. The latter I have not been able to get and play yet.

So my point here is this, I apologize to any and all here that may have misunderstood my comments here. The work being done by all here is fantastic and is a wonderful thing for the continuance of the Morrowind adventure. I wish my own modding abilities were a lot better than they are and that I could participate in a larger way, but I'm afraid the only thing I really seem to excel at is play testing and the locating of bugs and errors.
In most respects that does not bode well for my popularity, humans hate to be criticized or to have their mistakes pointed out to them and I understand that to a greater degree than most would think.

MAF
Hi Boserman,

first and foremost thanks for your kind words and your praise for the work and effort that has been and still is put into TES III ST.

Now some personal words from my point of view.

Quote:I wish my own modding abilities were a lot better than they are and that I could participate in a larger way, but I'm afraid the only thing I really seem to excel at is play testing and the locating of bugs and errors.

As much as I understand your wish to participate and to create, please don't underestimate the importance of a solid and sound playtester and bughunter. Even without tons of quests and storylines the sheer size of the mod makes people who have an eye on playability, glitches, flaws, mistakes, bugs and errors a vital part of the process of delivering a high quality mod.

When I had been the caretaker of the TES III version of Silgrad Tower I was happy that I had a few guys who pointed me in the right direction to root out the one or other bug of evil (knowing that a cohort more of them were already waiting).

Your criticisms may have been made under a false assumption, so they may have sounded harsher or more direct (or blunt) as if you had known about your error in the first place, but that doesn't mean that there is no truth at all in it.

So for my part, and this - again - is strictly personally speaking, apology accepted.

Oh and ...

Quote:I wish my own modding abilities were a lot better than they are and that I could participate in a larger way

... that comes with practice. Wink

Greetings

Quentin
Thanks Quentin for your timely and accurate response

All I can add is ditto, no apology necessary

Enjoy
Bob