Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: What would it look like?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I still haven't had a chance to discus this with Kodama.

While we are waiting to hear back from him, I would like to see what people would like to have released first if a decision is made to release part of the continient instead of trying for the entire landmass.

What do people think a realistic project would look like?

How long do you think it would take to pull it together?
I think either Akavir should be a smaller scale mod, perhaps a bit bigger than the landmass of SI. This is simply because smaller is better in quality, more time can be put in to make things perfect and not just some mish mash of junk. Working on individual regions one at a time helps makes the project more likely to be a success. This way everyone does whats needed and not sprawled across various areas. As for which region, start with which ever one has the most resources available. This way, hopefully, it would look appealing enough to get more recruits.

As for how long? Depends on who's available and what skills they have. Seems like we have no architects or texture designers. Perhaps get a census on who's in and whats their skills before starting anything.
idk how long it would take but i think it's better to release some small islands first. That way, we can see if they like it.
Quote:Originally posted by Shiver-Tail
idk how long it would take but I think it's better to release some small islands first. That way, we can see if they like it.
I was just to post the same.
Here is how I see that:
1. Count what you have so far (models, quest ideas, etc.).
2. Go for a small area/island, village like. Few streets, etc. Maybe an externad island off the shore of Cyrodill or maybe Asianesque village in the Cyrodill land, kind of outpost base for Akaviri race(s)?
3. Think of a main quest line for the area, maybe some monsters are hiding in nearby woods and you have to wipe them out (and then realize those are not monsters, only humans, struggling with cruel authorities) or there was a murder and you have to solve the case.
4. Do documentation - for small island/village mod that should not be too hard to do.
5. Make a video trailer (I could do music for it) with what you have so far, or the small area in the making.
6. Go to moddb.com and set up the Akavir account there to get exposure. Place the video there.
Mirrored's post is a good start for an outline on progress. Whichever way we go with this I agree that we do need to get some kind of outline up that shows progress.

I went ahead and registered at modb.com. That was a really nice user friendly process by the way mirrored. :banana:

I know that Kodama has a list of what has been done. I can't wait til he gets back from whereever he is. :yes:

Keep the ideas coming.
i really dont know the whole situation with kodama, but i think the "we have to run everything by the supreme chancellor" thing is really holding the project back. he is not here to make decisions so they have to be made without him to keep the project going.
Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
I really dont know the whole situation with kodama, but I think the "we have to run everything by the supreme chancellor" thing is really holding the project back. he is not here to make decisions so they have to be made without him to keep the project going.
Maybe. I think we need him to sign a contract or something, lol. Anyway, perhaps another head of project could help speed things up.
Well, Ysne is Kodama's backup, so while Kodama is absent, Ysne should run things IMO.
Quote:Originally posted by mirrored
Well, Ysne is Kodama's backup, so while Kodama is absent, Ysne should run things IMO.
agreed. Someone hs to take over untill Kodama's back.

:deal:
I had always assumed you guys were doing a portion of the continent of Akavir. Doing the entire continent though, on a landmass the size of SI would be a pretty bad idea IMO. There is no way you can represent an entire continent in a modern game without it feeling horribly contrived. If you don't already have plans, the islands off the western coast of Akavir as described in 'Disaster at Ionith' might be a good bet, especially if SI-size was the kind of landmass you were going for.