Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Cerro Vampires Revisited
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Howdy

For several years their has been many discussion about the Cerro Vampires. At one point we had attempted quest development for this Clan in both the ESIII and ESIV media's but neither has flourished. I believe this is purily because the real questions have never been answered completely

Who are the Cerro Vampires
Where are the Cerro Vampires
What do we do with the Cerro Vampires
When do we meet the Cerro Vampires
How do we meet the Cerro Vampires

Doing a forum search will yield several results regarding this Clan, but none of these are complete and in total correctness

Here we will begin anew to discuss the Clan and what we will do with it for Silgrad Tower

I will answer the basic questions above as we (Silgrad Team) had discussed in days past and from this point we will move forward until a resolve and eventual superior quest is completed.

Info and History

The Cerro Vampires are Silgrad Towers very own native Vampire Clan, their roots originated at the time St. Veloth and his followers made their pilgrimage across Morrowind. When they arrived in the land now known as the Velothi Mountains they set up camp, that evening several of the menfolk surveyed the area and found it good, they took council with Veloth and asked permission to stay with their families and make the area their home. They called it Kogo-Tel.

Basic

The families remained and began building huts a few nights went by when suddenly they were attacked. It was Cyrodiilic vampires, throughout the next few weeks all members were killed except 3, these 3 are the Elders of the Cerro Clan.

Over time Kogo-Tel grew into what is now Silgrad City, the Only 1 of the 3 Elder Cerro Remains, the Cerro have adapted to their surroundings, their ability to keep normal physical appearence makes it easy to blend in, many members of the Cerro Clan hold positions of Authority in the Silgrad Council, Silgrad Guard, and Noble families. The Cerro are Exclusively Redoran in House Holdings, they are all Dunmer.

They do not like their condition and the Elders made a vow to find a cure.

This is where are quest takes us... Finding a Cure for Vampirism

If you remember from Vanilla Morrowind they player could be cured of Vampirism, but this was only a 1 time offer given by Vaernima, their is no known true cure for Vampirism.

The idea for the quest was simple yet complex, it would encompass both Morrowind and Oblivion

The Player in Morrowind would play through to a point in the quest where the player would have to go to Akavir (which is where, supposedly the Nerevine is during the Oblivion crisis)

In Oblivion the player will meet a vampire who will give word from the Nerevarine to pick up a shipment in Steadhelm and bring it to (Elder Cerro) in Silgrad (University of) from their the Oblvion player would complete the quests and A) find the cure or B) destroy the Cerro forever

Second Quest Idea was to simply complete the entire quest in Morrowind

If the first idea was used it was determined that the player would feel like they completed the quest and receive ample reward

Some of the areas which would be used for this are

Nohrgirm Tomb
Cedric's Masuleum
University of Silgrad
Temple of Kynareth (in Steadhelm)

All that and I really didn't say much

So now lets discuss how we want to go about doing this..... FIRSTLY

DO WE WANT TO DO THIS ALLIN MORROWIND OR IN BOTH MORROWIND AND OBLIVION

Let the game begin............................

Enjoy
Bob
So... as we all know, the Nerevarine has a neutralised form of corprus disease, which makes him immune to ageing and all other diseases...

So perhaps what they need for a cure for vampirism is the Nerevarine's immune blood? Perhaps if it is mixed with certain alchemical ingredients it can be transformed into a vaccine? (All right, this is medieval times so they don't know what a vaccine is, but we can always call it a "purgative anti-miasma" or something.)

I would vote for a separate questline for both Morrowind and Oblivion.
Thanks Deeza

Yes the Blood

I thought about that as one of the ingrediants and had not come to a conclusion yet regarding this

It would have to assume that is the players (Nerevarine) blood is immune and not the potion given by Fyr. As we know the potion only worked on the Player (Nerevarine) This lead me to believe that the player divinity is what causes the cure not the blood or potions, why it happened after the visit to Fyr. I believe is due to validation. What better way to prove divinity then to have a well respected person validate your claim

The validaton came after the fact when Fyr realised that his "cure" did not work on anyone else. He concluded that devine purpose is what caused the effects of the illness to disappear

So the blood can be one of the ingrediants needed, though the Nerevarine is powerful, he/she might lack the insite to understand this, that is why a good battle with Vaernima would reveal this bit of information to the player.

I had rather thought the idea of having Quagmire modded for Morrowind would be supreme

Enjoy
Bob
Hmm, that's interesting... TR are doing it for Oblivion, as I'm sure you know.

Yes, I'd heard the idea that it was the Nerevarine's connection to Azura which made him/her immune, but the potion still acted as a catalyst... Divayth Fyr isn't the type to give up, so he's probably working on other attempts at a cure by the time of Oblivion. Perhaps as a side-effect of one of his experiments he came up with one of the ingredients for the cure for vampirism?

Regarding the Vaermina thing... it's interesting how the cure for Vampirism changes from game to game. In Daggerfall Hircine's witches had the cure, in Morrowind it was Molag Bal, in Oblivion it was Vaermina...

There is a theory you may have heard that the reason so many Daedra have the cure is that they all manipulated the bloodlines of their favourite strains of vampire. This meant they infused part of their essence into them, so they could withdraw it if they wanted (removing the vampirism).

Perhaps because the Nerevarine has a connection to Azura and the Heart of Lorkhan they can use that to "hack" other Daedra's contributions, like Martin "hacks" Mankar Camaron's paradise plane in Oblivion.

Just a few quick thoughts. What do you think?
Good Stuff :goodjob:

I didn't know TR was doing anything like this. My understanding is the Cerro Vampires are a Silgrad Tower Clan, thought up and concieved by Silgradians of the past and present Confusedhrug:

Regarding Vaernima in Daggerfell it may be true but Vaernima is the holder of the cure in both Morrowind and Oblivion

Molag Bal was the delivery person. If you recall from the game Dialogue he (Molag Bal) says:

I see you have done as I asked, little vampire. It was not easy for me to obtain the cure, but I was able to pry it from Vaermina after some...discussion. You have earned it. Now I have eternity to punish my daughter for her defiance. Your curse is lifted. Yet...I wonder, will you miss the taste of blood on your lips? When you sleep, will you taste the salt and copper flowing over your tongue? Go, mortal. Bask in your precious sunlight."

The Theory may very well be accurate

Hacking into other Daedra is an interesting way of looking at it but it is indeed feasible, theirs nothing to indicate that powers are limited to a particular Daedra and in many cases it appears as though Daedra have
connections with the other Daedra in the various spheres they hold dominion over but just in a different manner

I like the ideas keep them coming

Enjoy
Bob
Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
I didn't know TR was doing anything like this. My understanding is the Cerro Vampires are a Silgrad Tower Clan, thought up and concieved by Silgradians of the past and present Confusedhrug:

Sorry, should have made myself clearer. It's quagmire that they're making, as part of their Hammerfell mod. You can read all about it on their blog. They will have Vampires, but they will be other clans unique to Hammerfell.

Back to the point though.... interesting that Molag Bal created vampires but doesn't seem to be able to cure the disease. Perhaps he just doesn't want to....

As I understand it, Daedra princes eat and absorb bits of each other's spheres of influence all the time. It passes the time, I guess, alone with toying with mortals.

I have another thought though - if a lot of Daedra lords have their own bet breeds of vampire, perhaps your Cerro clan are someone else's handiwork - someone who doesn't get much attention in the Elder Scrolls series. Nocturnal, perhaps?
Hello everybody,

lots of very good and very interesting ideas about our own personal bloodsuckers.

Adding a few cents ...

- I'm still not sure about the splitting of the quest. If it will be decided this way, the Morrowind part should have a satisfying end that gives the player the impression, s/he has achieved something. I don't think I'd like to see some kind of cliffhanger a la "To be continued ... IN OBLIVION!"

- it might be a good idea (or one that makes everything more complicated) to have two fractions in the clan, one that votes for cooperation and the other that wants to go the coercion way (and will find out - sooner or later - that it ain't such a splendid idea to mess with the level-99, armed-to-the-teeth and armour-plated-like-the-Leopard II-Nerevarine Wink );
depending on which fraction the player will meet first it might be a nice twist of for the role-playing kind of players how he will treat the other side.

More - later.

Greetings,

Quentin
As I understood it, rather than "splitting the quest" we were discussing having two separate stories, which feature some of the same characters. The Oblivion Quest could be a sequel of sorts to the Morrowind quest (though with a few books lying around about the events of the first one so that the player doesn't need to have done both).
Howdy

Yes Quagmire/Hammerfell I did know about that

I tend to agree that Molag Bal is the father of the Vampires, however lore does not specifically say this, but only leads us in this direction.

Regardless

It could be that he doesn't want to, but I think the reason Vaernima has the cure is that the cure is to stop the nightmares. If you remember for Galur Rithari's Manuscript he was cured at Molag Bals Altar , but he said
as he woke he felt like he had been dreaming (of knifes cutting him...)

Its possible that Vampires are a colaboration from the 2 Daedra

Your other Idea also seems reasonable, any of the Daedra could play a hand in the creation or manpulation of a race

Quentin

I like this route

1 part of the Clan wants to remain as vampires (this is allready written into the quest ideas)

and

the other wants a cure

As we wrote this quest idea it had been noted that the younger clan members were much more wild and not following in the ways the Elders had decreed.

I think a possible twist to this is that aas the Nerevarine is attempting to find the cure, he is attacked, tricked, lied to and abused by the younger clan members.

Maybe on a few occasions he can be met by one of the younger members and say he/she was sent by the elders to give information and that information could be a trap

This could help to have a fully completed Morrowind Version and a new and completable Oblivion version

Lets do it !!

Enjoy
Bob
Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
Lets do it !!

Alright! To make a start, is there an old thread summarising the quests that were definitively agreed on pr completed when this was last discussed?

If there are, could you possibly track them down and post up the important bits here, so that we have everything at our fingertips in this thread?

Edit:

Presumably in the Morrowind quest the Cerro won't know who (or what) the Nerevarine really is, unless the player has actually done in Dagoth... Perhaps its only by the time of Oblivion that they realise his blood is part of the cure and oh dammit he's in Akavir and we let him slip through our fingers... :bash:
Pages: 1 2 3 4