Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Blacklight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[1st]A[/1st]s many of you know Rodan has had a difficult time dealing with his medical issues over the past couple of years, and unfortunately that doesn't seem likely to change in the future. His illness has kept him from working on computers for long periods of time, and thus he hasn't been able to develop the Blacklight region at the pace I think he would have wanted. We talked about it in the core, about how we would have liked to see the northernmost part of west Morrowind flourish alongside the south (some would say traditional) part of our mod's landmass.

But with Silgrad Tower 3.0 on the horizon and much work still to complete we felt we needed to focus our energy on that traditional landmass, so that we can make the release without undue delay. Beyond that we also assessed that we wouldn't be able to take on the work required to make Blacklight for Oblivion a reality because after we've achieved the goals for Silgrad Tower 3.0 our time and energy would likely be better spent raising our mod's quality further, via quests and other additions, than bringing up another chunk of landmass to basic par.

Work on the Morrowind version of Blacklight continues however, with Bob196045 and agram having completed dozens upon dozens of claims for the better part of the last six months. It's not unrealistic to think that the work those guys are doing, coupled of course with the mammoth work Rodan performed in times of yonder, will not only bring fun to Morrowind players but also amount to an excellent template for a possible future recreation of Blacklight and the surrounding region. Probably not for Oblivion, but who would think that was the last of the Elder Scrolls games? So even though Blacklight for Oblivion is archived, Blacklight itself will definitely live on in our mod's future.
I don't wish to be appear to be a grave-robber here but is Rodan agreeable to the idea of us taking some of the stuff that he worked on? Obviously, exteriors won't be manageable but interiors can surely be transported across with no problems...? Sorry to hear about Rodan though. I was looking forward to working on some pirate-related stuff with him.
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I don't wish to be appear to be a grave-robber here but is Rodan agreeable to the idea of us taking some of the stuff that he worked on? Obviously, exteriors won't be manageable but interiors can surely be transported across with no problems...?

To the best of my knowledge there weren't any interiors created for Blacklight-Oblivion. Smile
So there's nothing salvageable then? I was rather hoping that some of Rodan's plans for piracy-related stuff would be able to be incorporated.
Rodan may still work on Blacklight if he wants to continue his work, but I don't hink he will find many modders who will cooperate with him.