Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Oblivion gate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
would you be mad if i somehow added a "perminate" gate/door to Oblivion in some mad wizards tower in the Oblivion version? i just dont like the fact that all gates will close when the game ends! it'll be a secret so that your average joe cant just wander in! :-)
I took the liberty of separating this discussion from the Blacklight thread (let me know if you want a different title for the topic, Evenios).

Quote:Originally posted by Evenios
would you be mad if i somehow added a "perminate" gate/door to Oblivion in some mad wizards tower in the Oblivion version? i just dont like the fact that all gates will close when the game ends! it'll be a secret so that your average joe cant just wander in! :-)

I suppose I couldn't convince you to mod a Daedric shrine instead? Big Grin Because those are both blatantly substantiated in lore as well as supposed to exist in our part of the world. But if you really want the gate, and come up with a good explanation as well as modding a nice setup around it, I won't stand in your way. Smile Though it might be good to first get some feedback from the Lore forum on ESF, to see if they can think of loopholes in lore that would allow for your gate to persist after the main story? Who knows, it might yield a new angle you like.
make a giant Daedric Shrine... and in the middle live a band of worshippers... who one day make a pact with a Dremora lord to attack Silgrad Tower in exchange for puttin gtheir souls in an amulet... ....a giant Daedric Gate appears... and if you break a.... (well rings are always popular)... but say if you break an amulet... (and kill a lot of cultists getting to it) then their deal is done and since the Dremora lord no longerhas a deal, he returns to Oblivion....

lots of fighting, magic and weaponry.... sneaking around Daedric ruins... killing worshippers... and an Oblivion gate!

just a thought.... don't take my word for it! Big Grin
We'll see what he decides to mod Smile