Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Brainstorming for our first Beta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
During a previous thread, we discussed the possibility of releasing our mod in sections:

Update from Rickious

It seemed to be the consensus that the border area with Cyrodiil would be the first release, to give players a taste of what is to come later, with the centre of Black Marsh and Helstrom coming last.

What I'm wondering is, what would this first beta contain?

Blackwood obviously, with its two Argonian tribes, and the cities of Gideon and Stormhold, and the villages of Sloughpoint, Rockguard and Tenmar Wall.

But what else? Should we include the Arnesian Jungle region as well (including Thorn and several other villages and Argonian tribes) ?
Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
During a previous thread, we discussed the possibility of releasing our mod in sections:

Update from Rickious

It seemed to be the consensus that the border area with Cyrodiil would be the first release, to give players a taste of what is to come later, with the centre of Black Marsh and Helstrom coming last.

What I'm wondering is, what would this first beta contain?

Blackwood obviously, with its two Argonian tribes, and the cities of Gideon and Stormhold, and the villages of Sloughpoint, Rockguard and Tenmar Wall.

But what else? Should we include the Arnesian Jungle region as well (including Thorn and several other villages and Argonian tribes) ?

Not exactly.
Major: Gideon, Stormhold, Soulrest.
Minor: Glenbridge, Rockguard, Stonewastes, Chasepoint, Moonmarch, and possible Tenmar Wall.

Then populate the outside with tribal areas, bandit camps, caves, ruins, creatures, trees, outposts, etc.
We need to set up finalized placement of buildings, rocks, caves, etc. Then place Npcs, and creatures. Dialogue. Script. Add details. Puzzles. Done.
Good plan. So basically it's the Western border slice of Black Marsh.

Let's get to work!

I guess first, we need to get hold of the esp for Stormhold... It isn't in the data pack you sent me.

Was it the Grey Wizard who was working on that? I seem to remember Senten talking about updating it.
I've modified this map to give us an idea of the area you're talking about.

The area circled in black is the one you described.
The area in red is the area covered by our teaser trailer with Elseweyr.

Please let me know if this is correct.
Yes, I believe it was grey working on stormhold.

So villages that need to be done are:
Pholmolo
Glok-Chuba
Tenmar Wall
Hixiorg (Not sure if the name is correct, the black line goes trough it)
Sloughpoint
Chasepoint (?)
Soulrest

(I marked chasepoint with an ? cause i'm nto sure if it was done)
Chasepoint is done like Stonewastes.Interiors isn't done,but the exterior is finalized.
Glok-Chuba is marked on the map as a Paatru village. Because we still have no Paatru race, perhaps we should leave it out for now and include it in a later beta release.

For Hixinoag and Phomolo we can use the huts made for the Argonian villages. But we will also need a Hist tree made for one of the tribes (the other's Hist tree was stolen by the Blackwood Company).

We also need to work on the landscaping of the region. Kukulza already had it all worked out, it can be found in "Savant's Notes on Black Marsh", I'll give you a link to it here:

BM - Savant's Notes on Black Marsh

The whole of the north, between Stormhold and Gideon, is Blackwood, and has terrain identical to the region of Cyrodiil of the same name.

The southern coast, between Gideon and Soulrest, has been deforested and over-farmed by the Imperials and Archeins, and turned into a dry wasteland. Further inland, though, the terrain is still marshes and jungle.

For ruins, we need Ayleid ruins (using the new Mossy Ruin tileset) and some old Imperial forts (only near the coast) from the First Era. We don't need the Kothringi yet, because they are all deeper into the marsh.

We also need a massive ruined castle outside Gideon (it was used to imprison the last Empress of the Cyrodiil dynasty, and is now probably a flooded cesspit of a building filled with all sorts of freaks).

Plus smugglers along the coast (some friendly, others dangerous and hostile), and Naga bandits in the wilderness.

Have I left anything out?
Quote:The whole of the north, between Stormhold and Gideon, is Blackwood, and has terrain identical to the region of Cyrodiil of the same name.

Hmm, this might make it for quite some boring area. Giving the players the idea like: 'Wait, havent I been here before'. Sure it might be true to the lore. But i'm not sure if it would be very appealing as a beta release.
Only the northernmost area would absolutely have to be Blackwood (so as to ensure continuity across the border). Plus, some good quest ideas were made for the Blackwood area, involving the unfinished business of the Blackwood Company and the Argonian tribes they fought.

What we could do is start introducing our own new plants soon after the border, so that it progressively turns into more exotic jungle. We just mustn't make it too dramatic a change in climate from Cyrodiil when you cross over (it would look fake and unrealistic).

As for the other stuff... if you're fed up with Ayleids then we need Kothringi ruins. The problem is, of course, nobody has made any...
Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Only the northernmost area would absolutely have to be Blackwood (so as to ensure continuity across the border). Plus, some good quest ideas were made for the Blackwood area, involving the unfinished business of the Blackwood Company and the Argonian tribes they fought.

What we could do is start introducing our own new plants soon after the border, so that it progressively turns into more exotic jungle. We just mustn't make it too dramatic a change in climate from Cyrodiil when you cross over (it would look fake and unrealistic).

As for the other stuff... if you're fed up with Ayleids then we need Kothringi ruins. The problem is, of course, nobody has made any...

Dont get me wrong, I agree that they have to be there, I definetly do. I just thought we might leave that area for a later release, to give the people something completely new with the first beta. To get them interested. I'd rather have a small beta wich very good then a big one wich is boring.
Pages: 1 2