Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: TESIV: Vvardenfell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Following a request by it's last remaining member, the TESIV: Vvardenfell project is now closed and it's forum boards have been archived.

I backed up the most recent development in html format on our other server, while the development from 2005 to mid-2008 remain in the forum archive.
[blockquote]If you're interested to know why then it's because I wanted to retain most of the information as live threads on our forum so that the information could turn up in forum searches. At the same time I wanted to contract the archived board's organization so that it takes up less space in board lists (which is mostly something only moderators have to worry about). Since Dave_91 and Zurke made a clean break from the early development and restarted in a new section of the Vvardenfell's forum category, the development from that time period provided a coherent chunk of information I could lift out and backup.[/blockquote]There won't be a new (or ressurected) Vvardenfell project here in the future because of the problematic situation regarding Silgrad Tower's assets. We were happy to lend them to the Vvardenfell project - but we're keeping the assets internal until we release Silgrad Tower 3.0. This imposed restrictions on the Vvardenfell team that were necessary for us, but perhaps unfair to them. Now that the Vvardenfell project has been closed that is no longer an issue, and I'm not eager to open the issue back up again.

While the possibility isn't there for a Vvardenfell project for Oblivion (at least not one that's affiliated with Silgrad Tower), some of us in Silgrad Tower might look into incorporating Vvardenfell as part of our plans for our mod on the next Elder Scrolls platform. When the next game in the series is confirmed I'm sure we'll have that discussion. This is part of the reason why I would like to retain the Vvardenfell project's live threads; Their groundwork for recreating the island will likely provide a solid base for the work we might do in the future. In the sense that we can read what they concluded after discussing various issues.

I'm still sorry the situation turned out the way it did. There was so much promise in the project back in -05. So much enthusiasm, so many grand plans... a true pity. I think things will turn out differently when planning and work for The Elder Scrolls V modding start.
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
A true pity. I think things will turn out differently when planning and work for The Elder Scrolls V modding start.

Amen to that.

In the meantime, I suppose there's still Morroblivion. The french modding community is still trying to produce a "legal" version of it with their own textures, though judging from Bethesda's response in the past, it doesn't look likely.
Without placing blame on anyone I think one of the problems was that the different Vvardenfell ventures couldn't blend into the same team. I bet one team could have pulled off what three teams couldn't fully. Confusedhrug:
It is unfortunate that the mod did not survive. I am truly glad that Akavir still is viable. A large part of that is due to our forum being hosted here. Thanks again for inviting us here.
Happy to have you here Smile

It sure is... I browsed their now-archived boards just now and got an eerie feeling reading some of the old threads. Like going to an empty school in the middle of the night - normally so full of life and joy and now, deafly silent and abandoned. Well, I suppose we who liked the Vvardenfell mod will just have to look ahead to TES V. The life and laughter of that place may be gone for now, but there will be more of it in the future, and I look forward to that.