Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Hist Saplings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Right, at this stage, we really need some Hist models for the Argonian villages.

I think this concept art made by Swedishfish would be a good place to start:

http://img76.imageshack.us/my.php?image=histtree4iq.jpg

The Hist in the smaller Argonian tribes are probably quite small and relatively young, so this picture of a Hist sapling would work I think.

Do you think it would be possible to do this on speedtree, or would it have to be modelled separately?

Plus, KuKulza made this drawing of a more mature Hist tree:

http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/attachment.p...entid=5069

These are all the concepts I could find. Except for Bethesda's Hist tree, which was a bit rubbish frankly. A suggested lore explanation for why it looks like a normal tree was that they can shapeshift to a certain extent, or that it was damaged by being uprooted and transported in a pot, causing it to lose its natural appearance.
Those are some nice models, but who can actually model?
If you fancy using some ambients to spread around the trees and give them a more otherworldly feel, it may be possible to take some ambients out of 'Thief 2' and the pagan woods that they had there. There are some very spooky, echoing, knock-on-wood noises that combine with jingling, woodchime sounds.
It's a good idea, now, does anyone here have thief 2?
Me Cool . I'm very familiar with it. That's where I started modding. Would you like me to see if I can find the ambients in question?
Well, It would be very usefull. So, if you have the time, then yes please Smile
While I think using the ambients from Thief 2 would be great, remember that Bethsoft has a 'no assets from other games' policy regarding mods.

Unless, of course, the assets are free use with Looking Glass being dead.
Quote:Originally posted by nick_opUnless, of course, the assets are free use with Looking Glass being dead.

Cool I believe that to be the case. I could verify that over on the TTLG forums though, if you like, but I'd already considered the possibility that they might be strictly 'verboten' when I posted initially.
That's true. It's not allowed to use any resources from other games.
In the meantime, I will PM Senten and see if he can make either of those trees. He's good with Speedtree - he made a lot of new trees for Summerset Isles.
Pages: 1 2 3