Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Can I make a return?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I been away for awhile taking a break.
working on my photoshop skill's and so on

The Gist of my statement is it okay if i come back?

Trying blender3d to see if i like it better than milkshape

2 Question's though

1. When oblivion is released will you continue to make mods for TES III or go straight toward oblivion with a blind fold on?

2.are the models i gave to silgrade being used?.... if not ill continue to re work the models
Of course you can return! Remember, you work with us at your own convenience.

1. We do not plan to continue work on the Tes3 game, but are planning on working on Oblivion soon after the release. We also plan to learn some about the construction set before we actually 'start' modding. In essence, we won't be blindfolded. Wink

2. I do not believe that your models, or anybody else's for that matter, are being used at the moment. So, feel free to update your models as often as you feel is needed.

-NR

Oh yeah, welcome back to Silgrad Tower! Cool
Lol glad i uploaded them here lost the cd that had these on there
Hi xchaosdragon666x, nice to see you again!
You're more than welcome to return. Smile

Noremorse gave a great answer to your first question. Regarding the second one, we haven't used the Skeleton Axe and Twin Blade you uploaded in your earlier post because I believe - and please correct me if I'm wrong - that you used Bethesda's textures. That would make them illegal for us to use in the Oblivion mod. But if you're interested in retexturing them, then your weapons would be most useful to us; even more so if they come out looking like Dunmer weaponry. Smile

The 3d projects we need the most help with at the moment are:
- Redoran exterior + interior tileset
- Plants from Morrowind (how did the willow flower go btw?)
- Dunmer furniture

3D Studio Max is the best 3d program for working with Elder Scrolls models though, and is in my opinion both easier to work with than any other program as well as being more powerful. It's huge popularity also shows off in the many, many tutorials and other resources published on the net, and it's sure to be very sleek in exporting models to Oblivion's NIF format when that time comes. If you're interested in checking out 3D Studio Max there's a 30-day trial that can be downloaded from their site. Go ahead and download it if you'd like but PM me before you install it and I'll let you in on a little trick :brew:
.:EDIT:. Used alot of ands just a warning lol

I have 3ds max but to me to complex for me want to get in to it at this time
And plz forgive my ignorance
Dunmer is a kinda of rusted bronze?

And willow flower dont ask didnt go well at all lol

And about the models on the axe should i remove the skulls on the axe?

And the twin blade i wouldent even call that a texture lol

And i could try to make some dunmer furniture
what would be best example of it like rod iron,padded?
And one more thing think you can post the
2 color codes for the goldish and rust collor?
(dont want to jack bethseda's texture

But made a prety decent studed leather seamless texture that i been dieing to test out
just bought eye candy 5 textures lol

P.s. You know any photoshop plugin's or actions to create leather?
i used noise,color balance,twirl
and cant use adobe's exchange thing there store is down lol
xchaosdragon666x: I don't know if it's of any use to you but there's a zip file with reference pictures of the Dunmer furniture. Those pieces would be great to see brought back for Oblivion, but of course not all the varieties are necessary.

If you yourself want to work on the weapons then I'm sure we can use them for something, but to what end isn't immediately apparant as they strike me as being more general fantasy than native Morrowind-style. So they wouldn't be very common-place but as quest items or in the hands of special characters I'm sure they could find a place. =)
Okay ty for help

If i have any further question's is it okay if i chat with you on msn?
my ID is xchaosdragon666x@gmail.com
Quote:Originally posted by xchaosdragon666x
Okay ty for help

If i have any further question's is it okay if i chat with you on msn?
my ID is xchaosdragon666x@gmail.com

Sure! I tried to add you, but the program complained that it couldn't add you because you don't have a .net passport (?) Dunno what that's about. Mine is [patrik_jonasson@spray.se]. Could you try adding me and see if that works?

I attached a screenshot of the two weapons you donated, for easy viewing for those that are curious about them. The more I look at them, the more I like them =) Yup, they would make really nice quest- and special items! What do you think about the idea of keeping them in store for a modder who's done a big interior, like a dungeon, and would like a nice treasure at the end? The Skeleton Axe lends itself very easily to a wide variety of uses as a special item, like a Necromancer's tomb to name but one of many ideas. And maybe the Twin Blade could be owned by a masterful swordsman? Just some ideas that popped into my head. I definetely think we should use them! Big Grin

Sorry for cutting the previous post short, I had to leave the comp. Like I mentioned I had put together a little collection of screenshots earlier, because a man on ESF was interested in modelling some Dunmer furniture for the mod, which he was going to take a look at during the weekend. Perhaps there's a modelling project among the furniture collection you would be interested in taking a look at? Even "just" one model would be a really great help to us! As would of course any type of Morrowind-related flora; many of the meshes (like the mushrooms) are nowhere near as complex as the willow flower, so I hope you won't feel deterred because it didn't end well.

In TES3, Dunmer furniture was all wood, but if you would like to make for example a chair with a padded seat and leather covering I don't think it would stand out in a bad way. In fact, the idea sounds pretty cool I think so please go right ahead - and thankyou! :goodjob:

I'm terribly sorry but I don't use Photoshop, preferring instead Paintshop Pro, for no other reason than old habit. I do appreciate it for it's speed as well, it starts up in the blink of an eye and can do anything I need. Of course, had I been any *good* at graphics I have no doubt I would have opted for Photoshop.

Edit NR 7.23.2006: Deleted images.
You have my permision to use the models in any way you can think of and so can any moders ON THE SILGRAD TEAM And Only on Mods They Aprove .
A small mention in a small readme would be nice but not necesary
Quote:Originally posted by xchaosdragon666x
[...] and so can any moders [...]

Aah! Well then it's another matter entirely, I thought we had an exclusive.
Pages: 1 2