Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Tsaesci Dragon Boats?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thurindil the crazy wood elf pirate at the anvil docks says

Quote:i am the son of Julianos and Mohi-Titona, Queen of Akavir

and then says

Quote:Mother's coming for me in the dragon ships.

we came to a conclusion that the tsaesci had no boats earlier but i wonder if this elf is on to somthing. Perhaps the when the tsaesci ate/assimilated the dragons they turned thier bones and hides into some sort of vessel. Or maybe even use some sort of brainwashed dragon as transport.
I like the idea of the Tsaesci having enslaved dragons of some sort.

Otherwise, the Dragon Boats could be made by the KaPo. The Tang Mo seem to stick to canoes as far as I can see.
when i think of tsaesci boats i think of fast moving catamarans similar to the ones used by the Polynesians.

[Image: PolynesianCatc100bc.jpg]

imagine instead of cloth sails ones made of dragon skin/scales and instead of wood a series of light weight bones.

and for large troop ships i imagine semi aquatic dragons with amputated wings and a giant saddle like hollow on thier backs for a small batalion of troops to sit on for transport and warfare.
Next time I log in to the game, I will find the elf and see what i can learn too.

Assuming we go with boats of some kind, I like your concept art.
Speaking of boats/ships , does any nation in Akavir have anything similar to the Korean Turtle Ships?
Oh yeah! Turtle Ships are awsome! (you probably know them from AoE II, huh?)
I was thinking the same as ciao_gamer: catamarans!
But i think it's better to use the Turtle Ships as troop-transport, because aquatic dragons? nah... (i like the idea, but i don't think it fits in this context)

... and ciao_gamer, did you make that model? It's awsome!
Quote:Originally posted by Shiver-Tail
(you probably know them from AoE II, huh?)

Yeah , that's where I first found out about them.
How did you guess that anyway?
Quote:Originally posted by MarcusAurelio
Quote:Originally posted by Shiver-Tail
(you probably know them from AoE II, huh?)

Yeah , that's where I first found out about them.
How did you guess that anyway?
Uncanny, isn't it? Same place I first saw them as well.
I think kodama decided about the whole turtle ship thing here

Ship Discussion =)

I didn't make that model i just got it of Google images Wink
Thanks Ciao for the link to that thread.

I do not have a problem going with that if that is what everyone here wants to do.

This is a team effort, so decisions should be by consensus when possible.