Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Complete Adventures of Nelos Zek
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a collection of the series by the currently departed IAmTheEmperor, starring the inept archaeologist Nelos Zek who blunders through ruins all over Vvardenfell and Morrowind, somehow surviving whilst his colleagues drop like flies around him...

The Dunmer Stronghold Indoranyon
By Nelos Zek

Dedicated to the lost explorers of Indorayon

There have been many disputes on the history of Morrowind, not many records were written until the arrival of the Imperials. Lately, many have investigated areas of Morrowind in hopes of digging up ancient history.

The the wilderness of Vvardenfell, Morrowind, is dotted with many ruins of people long since dead. Some of these ruins are easy to find, some are not. This ruin is obvious. It is called Indoranyon.

This ruin used to be an old Chimer/Dunmer stronghold a long time ago. The ruin has since fallen into disuse, and me and my team are here to dig up the truth. Outside is in pretty good shape, just some usual worn stones in the walls, but other than that it looks fine. Outside on a door is a tattered note stabbed into the door with an old rusty dagger. It is too faded to understand now, but I will keep it and research it later.

As one would enter the door, it would appear that it has been enchanted, and you just appear in a circle of candles in a dank chamber. It is flooded below, probably the inhabitants dug nito some sort of underground river during expansion it seems.

As one walks further, you may only find more ruins. But even further in, my group stumbled upon a Golden Saint who impaled Aroth in the chest. Luck be have it, when I crouched down to take cover, the Golden Saint stumbled over me and fell into the water and droned. the thing couldn't swim I guess. It sank like a rock with all of it's armor.

As we pressed on further we stumbled on an old mage standing by a door. We startled him pretty bad, because we walked up on him during a spell and he accidently turned Grogoth, my orc bodyguard, completely invisible. I guess you could say he is a lost explorer, because we never saw him again. The wizard was the one who put the enchantment up on the door, and apologized for setting us off and turning our friend invisible (who we never could find to reverse the spell), so he offered to enchant my trusty exploration sword with a burning effect. If you ever need an enchanter, this is the place to go, if you are willing to take the trial to find him. With my new sword, I hope I don't accidentally burn the woods down as I cut down the underbrush.

So Gorgoth, if you ever find this book, the wizard apologizes and wants to reverse your invisibility, so head back to Indoranyon. And you'd better be wearing clothes, because it's a long road back.

This book is not acknowledged as truth by the temple but is allowed for free sale in the general markets.

Explorations of Castle Karstaag
By Nelos Zek

Dedicated to the lost explorers of Solstheim

There have been many disputes on the history of Morrowind, not many records were written until the arrival of the Imperials. Lately, many have investigated areas of Morrowind in hopes of digging up ancient history.

One such of these areas is on a northernmost island equally off the coast of Vvardenfell and Skyrim, the isle of Solstheim. This island has had disputes over ownership between Morrowind and Skyrim for quite a long time now. I felt it should be safe to enter, but just in case I brought 10 others with me, five of whom who first accompanied me to Red Mountain, the others feared too much to journey to Solstheim.

West of Skaal Village, the capital of Solstheim, is a castle made entirely of ice called Castle Karstaag. This castle was said to have been formed during the first Bloodmoon, a strange nordic prophecy, when a large iceberg broke out at sea as it neared Solstheim, forming a now destroyed giant glacier even more westward and the smaller half landed in the middle of the top of the island.

This castle used to be inhabited by a giant named Karstaag, hence the name, but he is presumed dead by the nords after the Mortrag Glacier exploded and no more raids of their livestock have occurred. The castle is now full of the Karstaag Rieklings, very hostile twords invaders.

The castle has also been a place for werewolves in the past, and also some say Grahl live underneath, but these were probably old tales to scare children. Some say they witnessed a werewold massacre Rieklings inside, but I also think of this as false. We have heard of a secret entrance through the roof, and there was a tower located at the top of it. Entering, we found a Riekling guard who was absolutely terrifying. We subdued him eventually, but not before he cut off poor Varron's finger. We huddled the room looking for a way, but found nothing but a Daedric artifact hidden in a crevice.

As we stood in the small tower, planning, I guess our body heat started warming up the room and Hlormarus fell through the floor, of course tipping off the Rieklings below to our arrival. Anyways, after Hlormarus was rendered limb from limb the Rieklings attacked us and we dove into the woods. They hacked and slashed at the trees and I think I heard some of my fellow collegues screams. After, a nord appeared and killed off the Rieklings, and then he tried to attack us for "disturbing nature". Another one of my collegues was in the Mage's Guild and cast a shock spell, and then he exploded. I think that was the legendary nature guardian in Nordic legends.

There is another door to enter the castle besides the main one. After looking around one can find an underwater entrance, but it's a long swim, and two of our men drowned before getting out. We entered and found a long expanse of caves. After nearly catching frostbite in those cursed caves though, one would leave as we did and explore a barrow instead.

We then tried to dig up information about the castle in Skaal Village but were driven out by their chieftain and the honor guard. We instead decided to study the castle once more, so again we went into the tunnels. After journeying the tunnels we found a large banquet hall, in dissarray of course, and the nearly unrecognizable corpse of Hlormarus. The castle is mainly divided into 3 chambers, the banquet hall, the bedroom, and the throne room. We beleive the blue fire in the torches is what keeps the place frozen for in an attempt to light a fire with one of those we instead made the place even colder. This shows an ancient magic for one of the destruction elements to take on the charecteristics and form as another one, for example shock magic lighting a fire, or this strange blue fire freezing things.

It is not known whether Karstaag possesses any magic to perform the magics witnessed taking place in this castle, but we beleif it used to be the home of some long since dead mage. There were also some chests containing some pretty trinkets, probably left from the mage or stolen by the Rieklings in raids.

This book is not acknowledged as truth by the temple but is allowed for free sale in the general markets.

The Complete Clockwork City of Sotha Sil
By Nelos Zek

The Clockwork City, also called Sotha Sil after the late Man-God, is Morrowind's most unknown area. Only three people have ever been there, who are Sotha Sil himself, the Nerevarine, and according to the Nerevarine, the Man-Goddess Almalexia of Mournhold. The Temple denies Almalexia's appearence in the Clockwork City, claiming her disappearance was to accompany Vivec when he disappeared.

The exploration of the Clockwork City is an impossiblility, it's whereabouts are unknown and, even so, according to the documents of the Nerevarine, the only entrance has been destroyed. The Nerevarine claims water was leaking from the ruined doorway, so most experts beleive it is underwater somewhere. The most information I can gain on this subject is travelling to The Spinning Sanctum in the Sotha's Countenance district of the Redoran city Reich Parkeep. This neighborhood is the home to many experts on this subject and while observing their research I am able to compile their discoveries into this book. Besides, I wouldn't want to explore a deathtrap like the Clockwork City, which according to the Nerevarine literally was a deathtrap.

The Clockwork City was described as being even more impressive than Bamz-Amschend, the Dwemer city beneath Mournhold. It was also stated by the Nerevarine that the use of shock magic powered the city. The doors opened automatically in a style similar to dwemer ruins via a switch. It is also beleived that Pyroil Tar, one of Tamriel's rarest materials was used in the facility, possesing rare magic materials. The elixers found on the fabricants made by Sotha Sil also possess trace elements of this rare material. While some claim that the tar is toxic, the elixers posess helpful properties and also power these fabricants.

The fabricants of Sotha Sil come in two forms, dubbed Hulking and Verminous Fabricants. These two are half creature, half macine, and both posess their own unique qualities. The Verminous Fabricant, as the name implies, is smaller, less powerful, and more annoying than it's counterpart, the Hulking Fabricant. The Hulking Fabricant, as the name also implies, is a bigger beast that moves slowly, but packs a whallop. These creatures are powered by the unique elixers. The Hulking and Verminous Elixers have two separate varieties, probably specified to suit the power consumption of both creatures. None of the organic parts of the creatures remain, long since decayed, but the mechanics remain in Mournhold's museum. None are allowed to study them by decree of Lord Helseth but witnessing the complexities is enough for me.

The only known way to get into the Clockwork City is through a ring called Barilzar's Mazed Band, also kept in Mournhold's museum and is off-limits to the public. The only one who knew how to use the ring was Almalexia anyways, but she has been gone for several years now.

I am afraid I cannot elaborate on the subject of the Clockwork City any more, for there is not enough known about the area, but I am hopeful that there may be a way to journey there in some way.

This book is not acknowledged as truth by the temple but is allowed for free sale in the general market.

A Theory on the History of Red Mountain
By Nelos Zek

Dedicated to the lost explorers of Red Mountain

The largest mountain in Tamriel, Red Mountain, has stood on Morrowind's island of Vvardenfell for as long as the dawn of Men and Mer and even before, and remains vastly unexplored. I took it upon myself to start an expedition to this mountain with my team of 15 faithful explorers.

Red Mountain does indeed have a red history, from 1E 668-1E 700 the War of the First Council raged, in which thousands and thousands of Dwemer and Chimer were killed, and shortly after that battle the Massacre of the Sixth House took place. After this, red mountain's ash was literally dyed red. A few years after these conflicts, the plague known as the Blight appeared.

Many beleive that the Blight was created from Dagoth Ur, which it may well have been, but my theory differs from that.

My beleif is that the blight was created in Red Mountain, but not by Dagoth Ur. The Blight was more likely to have been created by the rotting corpses of the War of the First Council. They eventually decayed into the ash, their corpses riddled with disease, which eventually seeped into and corrupted the ash on the mountain. The disease spread through the ash, but nothing would have happened if it stops there. Dagoth Ur created storms similar to the ash storms of the Ashlands and Molg Amur and other areas of Vvardenfell that churned the plagued ash and spread it throughout Vvardenfell, which in theory seems more likely to have happened.

The Blight, however, was not the only disease that arrived on Red Mountain. This other disease is rarer, yet worse than any disease that could exist on Tamriel. Yes, this disease is Corprus. This, I beleive, occurred in the same manner as the Blight, but in a smaller amount from the unique blood of the massacred Sixth House. The plague of Corprus was the disease mixed with the dark magics of the Sixth House. This disease was also utilized by Dagoth Ur in the same manner as the Blight, but targeted mainly the descendants of the Sixth House in hopes of restoring the bloodline. However, others were able to catch the disease and were turned into corprus beasts. There is a cure for corprus now, which can be obtained in the tower of Tel Fyr. The risk of Corprus is still out there, for a few of the Corprus beasts still lurk unventured caves and ruins without having cured their disease.

These discoveries were made from ash samples taken from deep within the mountain. Sadly, during these explorations, a few of my fellow explorers died, Two were in a tunnel when it collapsed as they were digging, one fell into the lava, and another, which haunted me most, well, was trapped in a cave of corprus beasts. it was a few days before we found him deep in the cave, but the disease was too far advanced to get him to Tel Fyr for him to be cured before he would fully turn on us, so we were forced to leave him there.

Done with only a few minor grammar corrections