Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Claim Zero - the Height Map is finished
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Okay. From what i read, we intend the Island to use only a few vanilla objects as to create that New place feel. However, given that we have only a couple of modellers and texturers and no one else seems to be willing to do such a job, it seems inevitable that we will use vanilla rocks, buildings, plants and such for a majority of the island. If we are to keep the new world feel, we need to kick things up with at least more retextures. I realise i say a lot of doomsday stuff for the project but i feel that unless i do, things aint gonna get anywhere.
Ill be glad to make the textures but i have no idea how to put them on a mesh. I just recolour and add stuff to vanilla textures for my own projects. But if you need a texture made i can create it for whoever needs it.
I have a really awesome plugin for photshop that makes seamless textures in a matter of seconds (at least for rock type things)

Everyone, list what world textures we need and I'll get them bundled up. I have thousands of old stored textures as well so we might already have what we need.

What size do we want these? 512x512 etc
Quote:Originally posted by ra5946
I have a really awesome plugin for photshop that makes seamless textures in a matter of seconds (at least for rock type things)

Really?Damn,can you give me a link?I need it!
Quote:Originally posted by ra5946

Everyone, list what world textures we need and I'll get them bundled up. I have thousands of old stored textures as well so we might already have what we need.

What size do we want these? 512x512 etc

512 is ideal but again, i have no ideas about textures. i suppose ysne will have a better idea or deeza. But in the mean time, i'm assuming we want new rock textures for caves and rocks and stuff. What kind of rock? I'm stumped.

Where are you Concept Artisits?
We need grass&rock&mountain and etc. textures.
I think specifics are needed Senten. Its easy to say textures but unless you specify things in more detail, i dont see how anyone can really do anything unless they were the one in charge of visual developments (which ra may or may not take upon himself ConfusedhrugSmile.
Yes i know exile.
Take a look..

-We need forest textures,with leaves on the ground,for the Bamboo and for the Jungles.Greenish,brownish textures.

-Mossy and highland rock&stones.So greenish-dark brownish stone.

-A new water texture for more unique?

-Sand textures,for beaches and for roadpaths.Brown and light yellow sands.

-Very dark rock textures and lava texture for the Volcanos.

Thats enough for the start. :goodjob:
Both of these programs are really nice for Photoshop:

Alien Skin -Eyecandy

Filter Forge

Already got the bamboo ground texture all get the rest in a few
Just sent about 2 dozen new textures to Exile.

I'll ist them so we can keep track. First a couple of questions- I'm not usually on my modding pc so forgive me if these are "noobie" questions.
Do the terrain textures use a normal (_n) map? I supplied normal maps for all new textures, but not sure if they are needed. Do the oblivion terrains use a glow map (_g)?

2 of the the textures are a very glass smooth version of lava rock. I supplied a dull normal map as well as a shiny normal map (look in the folder called 'alt'. )

Also 2 of the textures have magma in them so I supplied a glow map for them. I've never used a glow map before as I always just use the emmisive slider, but since these are terrain (no .nif) I guess we can't do that. You'll have to let me know how the _g map looks.

List:

3 new leaf litter- 2 of these have dirt and a variety of old and new leaves of lots of different species. 1 is all dry leaves and is mostly elm.

1 new bamboo "pole" texture. The old one looked silly to me in the screens so I made a new one. I may have to redo the speedtree to adjust for the new texture.

2 new dirt paths- These are kinda like "baked" mud. Dirt thats dried and cracked.

3 new moss textures. 2 are overlaid on a rock texture while 1 is on a dirt texture.

2 dark rock- 1 is a good dark cave rock while the other is more volcanic

2 volcanic glass- One is very smooth the other is sharp

2 magma- One is mostly volcanic rock with a little spot of magma here and there, the other is rock with veins of magma running through.

2 sands- 1 really rippled one like a sand dune the other is more "wind-drifty"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6