Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: [FORUM] How to attach an image to your post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I post my images, or 3d models? :eek:
Use this button:

[Image: postid7966_How_to_attach_an_image.jpg]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/n...583ad2.jpg

The image must be on a website that will host them. I use photobucket.com.

To attach your 3d models to a post, there is a button right below the box that you replay to a post in called "attachments," just click that and a box will appear with a place to upload your file. The file can only be so large though.

-NR
Quote:Originally posted by Dairon
How can I post my images, or 3d models? :eek:

Hi Dairon, welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:wave:

To share your work with us, please start by creating a new thread on the "Organizing Silgrad Tower: Oblivion" board. Then click the "Attachments" button beneath the big text window, and a popup window will appear.

In the popup window, browse your computer for the image or file you want to attach to your post, and double-click it. Then hit the "Submit" button in the same window. Your file begins to upload, and when it's done it gets added to a list. When you've uploaded as many files as you want, click the "Close" button. When you're ready to post, click the "Post Reply" button in the main window, and the files will be attached to your post.

I favor uploading pictures rather than using off-site solutions because 1) they auto-thumbnail, making the page load fast and clean, and 2) I don't run the risk of some other site deleting my pictures. Any way other folks do it is fine with me, but I don't like seeing a lot of huge pictures (img):d straight into a post. It makes the page take a long time to load and the layout flails about all over the place.

If you want to use more than five pictures in a single post you might be interested in reading this article. Basically it goes over how you can upload images to our gallery software and create linked thumbnails from them, so you could display dozens of shots if you wanted.

Looking forward to seeing your work!
Hmm. I learn new stuff everyday. I forgot about the auto-thumbnail feature. :eek: Wink

Oh yeah! I almost forgot! Welcome Dairon! :bananarock: