Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Possible Paatru?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I would like to draw your attention to this creature:

http://www.noelleharris.com/blacklotus/Kappa02.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f68/ra.../Faces.jpg
http://www.noelleharris.com/blacklotus/Kappa04.jpg

It's basically a modified goblin - but perhaps if we stuck its head on a grummite?

Thoughts? This thing was made for Akavir, but perhaps they would let us make use of the head.
IT LOOKS FANTASTIC!

But why is this topic in Music & Sound? Big Grin
Dammit! :lmao:

Can somebody move this thread?
Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Dammit! :lmao:

Can somebody move this thread?

Only RW :/
tada!

But I think I may look into this, I mean its basically an argonian with a wider head and bigger eyes yeh? shouldn't be too complicated, I just don't know anything about race modelling Tongue

Are we even having them as a race? non-playable of course...

Edd
sorry for double post, but i have an idea for this, basically, a new race, but have them "forced" to wear the right models for their body, i.e. A pot-bellied frog body in the cuirass slot, and a frog face in the helmet slot etc.

I know this is possible, I just don't know the CS technicalities of it...

Edd
That sounds like a good idea. They weren't going to be playable anyway, since they are only found in BM (hence they couldn't be in the prison at the start of the game).
something like this maybe? I've managed to keep the head partitions the same so we should be able to leave it as a normal head, and should work with facegen etc. The body will have to take up the cuirass. I imagine this race to be quite a lot shorter than the average player. Legs and feet could also take armour slots if we want more a difference from the average...

Edd

EDIT: Paatru with thin and froggy legs attached
That's a really great start! Is it possible to make the dome of the skull flatter, so it looks more like a frog, or would that be too difficult to do with the mesh?

I agree that they should be very short - that's exactly how I imagined them too. It's a shame we can't give them backwards bent legs to make them more froglike. I was wondering if short, stubby legs might look better... hmm....

Would it be possible for you to give them larger feet, with long toes?
Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
That's a really great start! Is it possible to make the dome of the skull flatter, so it looks more like a frog, or would that be too difficult to do with the mesh?
Depends how much work you think should go into this, and if you want it as a race or a creature.

If it's to be a race, them any changes to the head mesh will mean it has to be run through the conformulator (which is not a problem on it's own). However, the conformulator can sometimes output some strange morphs, which could take up a lot of time to fix. The alternative would be to create all of the heads morphs by hand by modifying the head mesh directly.
Quote:I agree that they should be very short - that's exactly how I imagined them too. It's a shame we can't give them backwards bent legs to make them more froglike. I was wondering if short, stubby legs might look better... hmm....
You have to be careful with short races as under a certain threashold them start to have problems (e.g. they are never above water when swimming, is dificult to traverse stairs/tricky terrain).

A creature wouldn't have this problem, from my experience (though, to be honest, I've not tested it much).
Quote:Would it be possible for you to give them larger feet, with long toes?
As suggested for the other body parts by Edd, the feet could be equipped as armour and therefore can have any appearance.

Hope Edd doesn't mind me answering the question. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4